“What was in bath tub?”

GreenLeadersBronze level
San Diego, California
“What was in bath tub?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2011

I have stayed at Pala a few times for work related travel, but it has been expanded since I was there last. THe rooms are clean, with big bathrooms. I was upgraded to a jr suite at checkin and the room had a table and couch that folded out to a bed. THere was also an ipod dock/alarm, but it didn't work with an iphone, just an ipod. There was a jacuzzi tub with a separate shower. I thought the tub would be good for my back, but the jets were in really strange places, and there was a strange redish orange color around the drain afterward that wasn't there before. The prices at the cafe were good for breakfast and the noodle place served up huge portions. Service was good everywhere except at the bar outside the mexican food place, but they had really good street tacos. The pool area is nice. I had a turkey burger at the pool bar, which tasted like a hot dog. I got a long island iced tea at a bar inside, which tasted like soda, so i would recommend sticking to beer. The gym had 4 or five cardio machines and about the same amount of weight machines, with a rack of dumbells. There was live entertainment at the center bar a couple of nights. One person at our conference did have their vehicle broken into, so as always, you should never leave anything valuable in your vehicle.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank sdsuindian

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Springfield, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2011

Besides the rule against taking outside food and drinks to your rooms, they also do not allow visitors up in the rooms. The high speed internet advertized is an ethernet cable internet, not wireless. And it costs $10.95 a day. Wireless is available in the cafe near the buffet at the other end of the casino.

I attended a special event at the casino. The service, room and the food were outstanding. The hotel room was very comfortable, as was the bathroom. The pool is beautiful, and the poolside cafe is a lovely place to just sit, have a light meal or snack, and just relax.

A word of warning though to people who are sensitive to herbal scents. The entire hotel, lobby, restrooms, public areas and sleeping rooms ... all smell like eucalyptus/herbal potpourri. If you don't happen to like it, you can't get away from it. Those with allergies, beware.

The minibar was as expected ... $3.00 cokes, etc.. I marked the hotel down for (1) no free wireless internet and (2) the narrow windy road that leads in to Pala.

I never visited the casino part, or the buffet, but I can't say enough about the food served at our event. So I would guess the buffet would be great too. but pricey

Room Tip: choose a room far from the elevators as the insulation through the doors isn't that good. You w...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank katbug1
LAS VEGAS, NV
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2011

Just spent 2 nights @ Pala Casino this weekend and I have NOTHING bad to say. We LOVED this hotel & we had an awesome experience. We check in at the front desk around 9:45pm on Friday night, Natasha checked us in very quickly & she was very nice, courteous & helpful and remembered us the next morning when we had to ask a question. (We were the ones that dropped our car keys down the elevator shaft..lol..we did get the situation handled tho thank goodness) From the other reviews here I thought we were going to have issues @ check-in, but none whatsoever. Our room was Very clean, very nice & spacious. The bathroom was huge & we loved the shower. We had plenty of towels. With 5 of us I usually have to ask for extras-here I did not have to. We loved the complimentary bottles of water that were left for us both days. As far as a view, we dont really care about that. Weren't there to look out the window although the mountain were very nice even tho we had a view of the roof of the lower builder - it didnt bother us at all. We ate one time, both days @ the Pala Cafe and it was delicious. The longest we waited to get a table was 5 mins & that was just so they could prep the table. My son & I had the French Toast combo both times we ate there-it was so good. We did expect a line of people waiting on Sunday morning only because there were alot of people there on Saturday night but when we got there @ 9:45am or so we got right in. We didnt make it to the pool only because we were there for my nephews wedding reception & were busy with family. My sister & bro-in-law stayed in the room right next to us. My sister requires a handicapped room and it met all her expectations. She also loved the shower as it was very easy for her to get in & out of. All the employees we encountered always greeted us with a smile. Check out was very easy...we just checked out on the TV and left the keys in our room - took only 5 mins to do that. I would definately recommend this hotel to my friends & family and if we are ever in the area we will definately stay here again. GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! AWESOME, CLEAN ROOMS!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank EVFLOMO
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2011

The hubby and I spent a much needed night away from the kids. This Indian reservation hotel/casino is well located in northern san diego, not far from my house. We gamble here often and decided to finally spend the night. We had a suite with 2 rooms that included a jet jacuzzi and a huge walk-in, double headed shower. Both were great. The bathroom was really huge compared to the rest of the suite, which was great for me. His/hers sinks were a plus. The suite had 2 flat screen HD TVs, one in each room and a nicely stocked bar. I was expecting a suite of that size to have a fridge that could accommodate other items, not just the snacks + liquor, but that's OK. I understand they probably want to encourage people to eat in the hotel restaurants. I like that the suite was very simply decorated with neutral colors. Nothing too fancy or busy. The air conditioning system was nice and mild and did not make my sinuses act up, which happens at most hotels that I stay at where the AC system is too powerful. Of course, we ganbled the night away, had drinks and some food. With the exception of the cafe, all the other eateries closed at 2AM. We were fortunate to be the last customers at the deli. The next morning, we had brunch at Choices, the buffet, which had a nice selection. My hubby headed to get a massage (we are regulars) and I played some blackjack and laid out by the pool. The hotel had everything we needed for a nice getaway near home. I would stay again for sure.

Room Tip: Most suites have pool view
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank dexter619
Whittier, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2011

If you cant make it to Vegas, this is dif the place to be. They always have live entertainmant and we actually got to see gabriel iglesias that night!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Marcie28
luclindy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2011

Stayed for a couple's getaway, the inland area where the resort is located is beautiful, green, quiet and relaxing, felt like we were on a tropical island almost, not at a busy casino. Our room was spacious and clean, very modern and well appointed.Only issue with room ac does not cool down room at night( it is pre-set not to go below a certain temp #), so was very uncomfortable sleeping both nights. Not really into gambling, but spent a couple of hours playing and found the casino to be clean and nice. Best part of the resort to me was the Pala Spa, staff exceptionally friendly and a beautiful facility ! Loved the sauna and my massage, and the variety of spa treaments.Restaurants,there are 10 venues to choose from,had lunch in the deli, portions were excellent and service friendly, there was a nice patio we sat out outside and enjoyed our lunch on.Second night we went to the Pala Cafe, no atmosphere at all, service friendly but extremely slow, food was average,they have so many other dinning choices I would skip the Pala Cafe.(Next time we will try the steak restaurant as other guests were raving about it) Overall the staff was very accommodating, the resort lovely and we had a great time! We will definitely go back.

Room Tip: ask for a room overelooking the pool, the view is beautiful, tree tops and mountains and the pool co...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank luclindy
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2011

We booked one night at Pala on 9/17. When we read the review after the booking, we were a bit concerned and not sure what to expect. After arrival, we were assigned a room with king bed on 4th floor overlooking the roof top of casino and the distant mountain, facing west. The room is VERY clean, spacious, with enough supply, and comfortable. Internet is about $10 a day, so we skipped it. We went to Pechanga for dinner to check it out, and had brunch at Pala before returning home. I have to say Pala's food is better, in my mind. The room's layout looks exactly like pictured here. I'm a bit perplexed about other visitors' comment. Maybe we are just lucky, but "We will be back!"

Room Tip: The hotel is located in a valley, so I think every room can claim to have "mountain" view.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank windemere1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pala
7.5 km away
19.2 km away
Carter Estate Winery and Resort
16.6 km away
Embassy Suites by Hilton Temecula Valley Wine Country

Been to Pala Casino Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!