Pala Casino Resort and Spa
US$164
Orbitz.com
US$101
US$89
Pechanga Resort and Casino(Temecula)(Great Value!)
US$161
TripAdvisor
Temecula Creek Inn(Temecula)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$60
Agoda.com
US$219
  • Pool
All reviewslobster buffetslot machinespool sideparking structurenon smokinggreat casinobeautiful poolplayers cardcasino resorthotel roomrv parksouthern californiaroom keyrooms are largecasino floorsan diegocasino host
Reviewed 18 October 2011

Besides the rule against taking outside food and drinks to your rooms, they also do not allow visitors up in the rooms. The high speed internet advertized is an ethernet cable internet, not wireless. And it costs $10.95 a day. Wireless is available in the cafe near the buffet at the other end of the casino.

I attended a special event at the casino. The service, room and the food were outstanding. The hotel room was very comfortable, as was the bathroom. The pool is beautiful, and the poolside cafe is a lovely place to just sit, have a light meal or snack, and just relax.

A word of warning though to people who are sensitive to herbal scents. The entire hotel, lobby, restrooms, public areas and sleeping rooms ... all smell like eucalyptus/herbal potpourri. If you don't happen to like it, you can't get away from it. Those with allergies, beware.

The minibar was as expected ... $3.00 cokes, etc.. I marked the hotel down for (1) no free wireless internet and (2) the narrow windy road that leads in to Pala.

I never visited the casino part, or the buffet, but I can't say enough about the food served at our event. So I would guess the buffet would be great too. but pricey

Room Tip: choose a room far from the elevators as the insulation through the doors isn't that good. You will hear guests returning late, talking as they walk down the halls.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank katbug1
Reviewed 3 October 2011

Just spent 2 nights @ Pala Casino this weekend and I have NOTHING bad to say. We LOVED this hotel & we had an awesome experience. We check in at the front desk around 9:45pm on Friday night, Natasha checked us in very quickly & she was very nice, courteous & helpful and remembered us the next morning when we had to ask a question. (We were the ones that dropped our car keys down the elevator shaft..lol..we did get the situation handled tho thank goodness) From the other reviews here I thought we were going to have issues @ check-in, but none whatsoever. Our room was Very clean, very nice & spacious. The bathroom was huge & we loved the shower. We had plenty of towels. With 5 of us I usually have to ask for extras-here I did not have to. We loved the complimentary bottles of water that were left for us both days. As far as a view, we dont really care about that. Weren't there to look out the window although the mountain were very nice even tho we had a view of the roof of the lower builder - it didnt bother us at all. We ate one time, both days @ the Pala Cafe and it was delicious. The longest we waited to get a table was 5 mins & that was just so they could prep the table. My son & I had the French Toast combo both times we ate there-it was so good. We did expect a line of people waiting on Sunday morning only because there were alot of people there on Saturday night but when we got there @ 9:45am or so we got right in. We didnt make it to the pool only because we were there for my nephews wedding reception & were busy with family. My sister & bro-in-law stayed in the room right next to us. My sister requires a handicapped room and it met all her expectations. She also loved the shower as it was very easy for her to get in & out of. All the employees we encountered always greeted us with a smile. Check out was very easy...we just checked out on the TV and left the keys in our room - took only 5 mins to do that. I would definately recommend this hotel to my friends & family and if we are ever in the area we will definately stay here again. GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! AWESOME, CLEAN ROOMS!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank EVFLOMO
Reviewed 28 September 2011

The hubby and I spent a much needed night away from the kids. This Indian reservation hotel/casino is well located in northern san diego, not far from my house. We gamble here often and decided to finally spend the night. We had a suite with 2 rooms that included a jet jacuzzi and a huge walk-in, double headed shower. Both were great. The bathroom was really huge compared to the rest of the suite, which was great for me. His/hers sinks were a plus. The suite had 2 flat screen HD TVs, one in each room and a nicely stocked bar. I was expecting a suite of that size to have a fridge that could accommodate other items, not just the snacks + liquor, but that's OK. I understand they probably want to encourage people to eat in the hotel restaurants. I like that the suite was very simply decorated with neutral colors. Nothing too fancy or busy. The air conditioning system was nice and mild and did not make my sinuses act up, which happens at most hotels that I stay at where the AC system is too powerful. Of course, we ganbled the night away, had drinks and some food. With the exception of the cafe, all the other eateries closed at 2AM. We were fortunate to be the last customers at the deli. The next morning, we had brunch at Choices, the buffet, which had a nice selection. My hubby headed to get a massage (we are regulars) and I played some blackjack and laid out by the pool. The hotel had everything we needed for a nice getaway near home. I would stay again for sure.

Room Tip: Most suites have pool view
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank dexter619
Reviewed 26 September 2011

If you cant make it to Vegas, this is dif the place to be. They always have live entertainmant and we actually got to see gabriel iglesias that night!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Marcie28
Reviewed 25 September 2011

Stayed for a couple's getaway, the inland area where the resort is located is beautiful, green, quiet and relaxing, felt like we were on a tropical island almost, not at a busy casino. Our room was spacious and clean, very modern and well appointed.Only issue with room ac does not cool down room at night( it is pre-set not to go below a certain temp #), so was very uncomfortable sleeping both nights. Not really into gambling, but spent a couple of hours playing and found the casino to be clean and nice. Best part of the resort to me was the Pala Spa, staff exceptionally friendly and a beautiful facility ! Loved the sauna and my massage, and the variety of spa treaments.Restaurants,there are 10 venues to choose from,had lunch in the deli, portions were excellent and service friendly, there was a nice patio we sat out outside and enjoyed our lunch on.Second night we went to the Pala Cafe, no atmosphere at all, service friendly but extremely slow, food was average,they have so many other dinning choices I would skip the Pala Cafe.(Next time we will try the steak restaurant as other guests were raving about it) Overall the staff was very accommodating, the resort lovely and we had a great time! We will definitely go back.

Room Tip: ask for a room overelooking the pool, the view is beautiful, tree tops and mountains and the pool courtyard, very nice
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple