“Poorly Managed/ Lot's of Garbage/ Dirty Rooms/ bed bugs!!”

Marriott's Shadow Ridge I-The Villages
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Palm Desert
Dallas, Texas
“Poorly Managed/ Lot's of Garbage/ Dirty Rooms/ bed bugs!!”
Reviewed 22 April 2011

Room was dirty when we checked in. Door lock on the patio did not work well and we had to beg for a comforter and blankets for the sofa bed. There was old wet towels and bottles left in the park areas of the resort. Gym equipment was broken and no air conditioning. After calls to management it was sorted out but not a great start to the trip. Found out later when we got home that we had bed bug bites! Ouch! Hopefully they can sort the place out.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Motelmensch

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
Susan_ikt
Reviewed 18 April 2011

Funny that we stayed at the same resort as those with the negative reviews, but we had a wonderful experience.  And we travel frequently, having spent over a week in March at the Ritz in D.C. and last year at the Waldorf Astoria in New Orleans, and frequent stays in Marriott properties and small boutique hotels in Napa and the SF Bay Area.  Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed and was impressed with all aspects of our visit at the Marriott Shadow Ridge.  Our room was excellent - clean, great kitchen layout and equipment, very comfy bed, and wonderful balcony and bath. The reception staff were wonderful, and the assistance with locating golf and restaurants in the area was much appreciated. I ran through the beautiful and safe grounds in the morning, played golf locally during the day, and enjoyed our balcony with wine and to-go food each evening. The staff were attentive and helpful - I'm not sure what more I could ask for during a vacation. Oh, and the Internet worked perfectly with my IPad each
day.  Consider visiting the Costco just 1 mile away to pick up some essentials, and experience a value vacation that feels so relaxing and decadent without the huge price tag!  I plan to return as soon as I can!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Susan_ikt
Wyckoff, New Jersey
Reviewed 18 April 2011

My family stayed here in February 2011. We have 2 teenagers and one 8 year old. Everyone had a great time. We loved, loved, loved our accommodations! We were able to cook, do laundry and grill meals outside. The resort is conveniently located to many stores and close to the highway as well. The golf was great too! The entire resort is beautiful. We will be back again next February!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank jeswatek
Santa Cruz, California
Reviewed 15 April 2011

We booked here because everyplace else was booked because of Coachella Music Fest. I don't know what most people like for a vaction but this place falls far short of my expectations. The people who work here are ALL very nice and helpful. The place is clean & well maintained...BUT...the first morning we were here we were awaken at 7AM by maintenance working using incredibly loud tools on the golf course right outside our window. The walls are so thin we can hear our neigbors as though they were in the room with us. The hot water is luke warm. Traffic sounds are deafening..although to be fair, not all the rooms are as close to the busy road as ours. The resort itself is just a bunch of closely crowded buildings and parking lots. It feels more like a condo complex than a vacation resort.The so called "jogging path" is just the walkway through the parking lots. There are some too small, too crowded pools, most so far from the units you need to drive or take a shuttle to them, the gym is just OK, no spa. I don't play golf but I hear the course is good although when my husband went to the driving range at 4:30 he was told it was closed!. We're here for a conference at another resort. If I had come here for a vacation I'd be VERY disappointed

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank damicom
Lake Forest, Illinois
Reviewed 14 April 2011

We have been going to Shadow Ridge for nine years, and it is now apparent that the resort has gone sharply downhill and is under poor management. The list of problems mounted during our stay: the wi-fi was down for parts of almost every day during our three week visit; we were first placed in a handicapped room without being told, so the shower was at chest height; the sole elevator for the building was out of service for four days, forcing us to walk up and down to the third floor with packages, etc.; the fire alarm went off while cooking dinner, and it took eight minutes to reach anybody on the phone (so much for "At Your Service"), and the condo unit itself was looking well worn. All in all, this Marriott has a long way to go to be considered a luxury property.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Tamberg13
New York City, New York
Reviewed 13 April 2011

My fiance and I spend 2 nights here and had to extend our visit by a 3rd. The resort is conveniently 25 minutes from palm springs. It has beautiful grounds, we fell in love with the pool, which we named the baths! It must have been heated to a good 87 F, which made evening and night swimming bliss on earth with the stars shining bright. Beautifully lit, and surprisingly empty after 10pm, we didn't want to get out. There are 2 hot Jacuzzis to your disposal.

Also, next to it is the evenly large pool for kids with a slide, a water park with water cannons and other goodies. Ah to be a kid again. A short ride away are another set of pools with Jacuzzis for your enjoyment. The hotel grounds are expansive so make sure u have a tour, walking in the day sun is too much opt out for a shuttle or your car.

Great snow capped mountain views surround u.

The wild bunnies r surely amusing as they hop around everywhere.

We r hoping to visit here sometime soon. That pool awaits. Ahhhhhh.

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank tripwizz
ROCKFORD
Reviewed 12 April 2011

Wonderful! I was nervous as I have never stayed here before, but, Wow! I loved it as did my 3 teenage kids. I have one teenager in a wheelchair and he had a great time. If you didn't want the crowd of the teenage pool, you could go to the "Quiet" pool. You can also visit 3 more pools. Rooms were spacious, bed comfortable, --we stayed in two room villa. Maid service not included but they came every morning to make beds and empty trash! A host of restaurants near by, Walmart SuperCenter wi/mile. Golf, movies, tram, mountains, no bugs, and Sun! Would stay here in a heart beat again.

Room Tip: We stayed in the 3000 block.