1,227 results
All reviews shadow ridge golf course quiet pool activity center time share full kitchen nick faldo bedroom villa main pool the grill enclaves pool palm springs splash pad chuckwalla pool vacation club movie theater video games
Reviewed September 20, 2018

Shadow Ridge is a great location and by using Uber restaurants are easy and cheap to get to.
The pools at Shadow ridge require refurbishment as some of the paved areas are a little tired. Always be very particular about where you stay in the facility as unless you choose you will be allocated an inferior location

Date of stay: September 2018
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Shadow Ridge I-The Villages, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2018

Thank you for choosing Marriott Vacation Club for your travels! We appreciate your review and do hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 18, 2018

"When can we go back?" was a question from my kids. The pool was absolutely amazing. Stayed in a 1 bedroom villa on the first floor, in walking distance to the Chuckwalla Pool Area. The kids loved the slide, splash pad, kiddie pool, and we all loved the main pool. They had misting and shaded areas. Movie theater for kids or adults, kids activity rooms, ice cream, snow cones, and so much more.

Temps were 107 in the afternoon. We would swim from 9:30 until after bingo, around 12:30. Come in for lunch. Then we'd go back out from 4 until whenever we wanted for dinner. Swimming at night was wonderful as well. Sidenote, I'm used to humidity in the midwest. I could sit in the shade at over 100 degrees and be fine here. Also, I would get chilly when exiting the pool. The "dry heat" difference is real. FYI, the place seems to get a little more crowded on the weekend, so we liked it more during the week.

We may slowly get converted into becoming timeshare owners because of MVC properties.

Room tip: 1400, 1500, 1600 buildings are great for access to the pool. You do have to cross the street, however.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

We are pleased you enjoyed your time with us! Thank you for your TripAdvisor review and for sharing your #vacationgreatness. We look forward to your next stay at a Marriott Vacation Club resort!

Reviewed September 2, 2018

We have stayed at Shadow Ridge a couple of times now and each time our experience was fantastic!
Upon check in we were given the room we requested and we went to our room. Once we got inside it was apparent that the air was not working. They sent a technician and he quickly realized we needed to be moved. He called and had new keys sent over for a different room, which had recently been refurbished. They arrived with our keys, a bottle of wine and a little gift basket with goodies for the trouble.
We spent A LOT of time at the pool and had a wonderful time swimming and snacking. Our pool attendants (Brittney and Nela?) were AMAZING! they were so attentive and friendly that we looked forward to seeing them every day! The pool is clean, the kids LOVED the waterslide and the splash pad and all had a great time!
My ONLY complaint...and its a small one, is that you cant used floaties at the pool unless its a child using a life jacket or water wings. Every other Marriott time share I've ever been to has allowed a float...so I'm not sure of the reasoning here. Anyway, if that's my only complaint I'd say it was a great week!
The rooms are clean, the beds are so comfy and I'd stay here over and over again!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank momof2kyds
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Shadow Ridge I-The Villages, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2018

We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for your TripAdvisor review and for making Marriott Vacation Club a part of your vacation. We hope your travels bring you back again soon!

Reviewed August 13, 2018

Rooms were spacious and all the fixtures and appliances were good and worked well. The walls were thin and the first night the people on the floor above partied hard and kept us awake until the early hours. The next morning there were beer tins on our lawn and no one cleaned them up despite ring customer services. The Pools were too small for the size of the resort and loud music made sunbathing an unrelaxing experience at the 2 main pools. The quiet pool was tiny with no poolside facilities. The water in this one was too warm and wasn't refreshing in the 110 "F heat.
All pools were a bit tatty compared to the European Marriotts. Unless you like severe heat I would advice to avoid this time of year. We traded our peak summer Marriott week for this low season week which was a poor deal. My wif and I spent a whole morning with them trying to sell us more Marriott points but didn't listen to our complaints about the resort and the poor value we got on our exchange.

1  Thank preciseadvice

Hi Mark, thank you for your review of Shadow Ridge. We are always looking for ways to improve and appreciate your feedback on your recent stay. Please know, your comments will be shared with the senior resort management team. We do hope to welcome you back soon and thank you again for your review!

Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

I’ve been here every year for the past 4 years and the pools have been cold and fresh and amazing. This year however it’s like walking into warm soup water. Not refreshing and very disappointing. Sad.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank gandtwins
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Shadow Ridge I-The Villages, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and leave a review about your stay at the resort. While we are sorry to hear about your concerns with the pool, our team appreciates you letting us know about your experience. Please know, your review will be shared with the senior resort management. We look forward to exceeding expectations on your next Marriott Vacation Club stay.