“Charming, small but big on service!”

Cafe Des Beaux-arts
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Des Beaux-arts is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 305 Restaurants in Palm Desert
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Larkspur
Reviewed November 11, 2018 via mobile

The place looks so inviting from outside, on a corner of El Paseo, it is open to the street, and people are busy enjoying the sunshine and their food. We stopped for breakfast. The service was outstanding, seated immediatly, coffee and food came quickly, even though the place was busy. Had no trouble talking, and hearing, great atmosphere. The menu choices were very varied, and really resonable. Nice watching people walk by, have to come back for dinner!

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed October 30, 2018

My wife and daughter both started with different soups, both of rich were very good. I had escargots which were very tasty. My seafood feulette was well prepared, the scallops were plump and lightly done and the shrimp were nicely done (they could have been a little bigger) The ladies both enjoyed their entrees.
My Crepes Suzette came in a delicious orange sauce with quite delicate crepes while my daughter's tart tatin was a very generous portion of this typical French dessert.

Reviewed October 27, 2018

Highly recommend this restaurant, the service is always exceptional and we always receive such a warm welcome. We both started with a perfect cup of of the French Onion Soup, steaming hot, full of flavour and a delicious cheese crust to top it all off. My husband thoroughly enjoyed his coq au vin with its rich deep sauce. I went for the chicken saltimboca which, whilst very tasty wood have benefited from a little more of the delicious sauce. Also wish this main course could be made available in a half portion like some of the others Unfortunately no room for crepe suzette this time but I know it’s delicious

Reviewed October 25, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I came in for lunch, service impeccable an attentive, had the onion soup to start great flavor, my wife had the ham and cheese crepes the lightest and best ever, I had the shrimp scallops and spinach salad, scallops cooked perfect sweet like candy!! Don’t miss coming to this restaurant

Reviewed October 20, 2018 via mobile

We are locals and had lunch there earlier this year. We returned this week to see if it was as good as we remembered, and it is! We all had their salads, based on the great menu selection. I had the chicken curry salad, and it was amazing. The mango slices sound somewhat strange, but made all the difference. Service is impeccable, and we will definitely be back.