New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Motel 6 Palm Desert - Palm Springs Area

Motel 6 Palm Desert - Palm Springs Area
Ranked #21 of 22 Hotels in Palm Desert
Phoenix
“Great for an overnight pit stop”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2012

I was on the way to Ontario, California from Phoenix for business had to take my pet with me. I was suprised to learn that Motel 6 will allow any size of animal in a room at NO additonal charge. Some hotels/motels can charge up to $150.00 per night, so that is a bonsus. It is a very basic set-up, so don't expect anything. Checkin at 1000P was through a plexiglass bank window which kinda of raises your eyebrow concerning security.

The room rate was exceptional. The room was clean and the bed was minimally comfortable. The walls are somewhat thin, next time I would request a room on the second floor as there is allot of noise when rooms face the parking lot. The AC unit worked fine in my room. The shower could have used a bit more pressure

They did have free coffee in the lobby in the morning.

The pool is a moderate size and is open all day. There is not a fitness room, so I went running in the morning,(My dog was not unattended). It is located in a great neighborhood of Palm Desert,since my run allowed an experience of the neighborhood first hand. There are several places to have breakfast, lunch or dinner within a healthy walking distance or 10 minute drive.

I would give this property my repeat business.

Room Tip: Request room on second floor for a more quiet environment
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank Escapefromthedesert

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Guildford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2011

We stayed here overnight while travelling north. A typical no-frills Motel 6, just off I-10, but with no disturbance from traffic noise.
The ground floor room was clean, but in the full afternoon sun. On check-in we were warned "not to change the air conditioning settings as the AC unit would freeze up if adjusted ...". Well our room was hot & getting hotter, so we nudged the AC up which made little difference. Over a few hours we nudged it up further until it was on full & it was evident that the AC just couldn't cope with the heat. The dire warning of it freezing up just didn't happen. Eventually once the sun moved off and darkness fell it finally gained the upper hand and cooled the room to a more bearable temperature.
Would we stay there again? Might consider in an emergency situation if NO OTHER option was available. Otherwise..not a chance.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank John H
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2011

This is a clean quiet place for an overnight stay. It is a highway motel, empty during the day. If you are staying in the area longer than a day I would suggest the Motel 6 Downtown in Palm Springs about 25 minutes away. Palm Springs is less windy and you will find the pool can be used all day. In Palm Desert it was too windy to use the pool most days. At this motel you will need to drive for all meals.

My complaints are that for tall people the shower head is too low. Water pressure is not great and the sink tap has a series of fine sprays, most likely to save water but making it difficult to get a good rinse of the tooth brush or fill a cup of water.

I stayed there 3 nights.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
West Covina, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2011

As a business traveler, I have stayed at some of the best hotels around. However, when it comes to me paying for the room, I shop around.

This motel 6 was a great deal for the money (paid $76 with my AARP discount). Room was remodeled and refreshed - looked great. The 2 full size beds were ok, and the tv had HBO and worked fine. Plus it was only 7 miles away from the Fantasy Springs Casino - close!

Again, very pleased with the hotel - no frills but so what - the hotel next door was $100 more! My only recommendation would be to get a queen bed, which is probably better than the full size for comfort.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank keechee1
Oro Valley, AZ
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2011

We were traveling through the Palm Springs area and needed to stop for one night. All moderate priced hotels were full, so we opted for a Motel 6 and crossed our fingers. We don't mind economy hotels for a one night stay if they are clean.... not that this was what I would call economy -- $70 AAA. I personally did not sleep much at all that night because all I could smell was stale perfume. I think it was in the sheets and then began to wonder if the sheets had been changed. There was Internet service for a fee which is a little annoying. I don't think we'll be staying at any more Motel 6s.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
San Juan Cosala, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2010

We just needed a place to sleep for a few hours on our drive to the coast. I thought the room was clean and in good condition. A good value for the one night stop.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Fremont, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2010

This Motel 6 is one of the best Motel 6s I have ever stayed in. I do a lot of road travel between San Jose, CA and Tucson, AZ. The Palm Springs area is the midway point in the trip and all I want is a clean, quiet, comfortable, basic hotel to stay one night and continue my trip the next morning. This Motel 6 is perfect for this purpose.
I have stayed in many Motel 6s and unfortunately the quality is not always good. Therefore it is important for those of who are interested in good budget travel to inform one another of good hotels.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
7.5 km away
The Inn at Deep Canyon
The Inn at Deep Canyon
#16 of 22 in Palm Desert

Been to Motel 6 Palm Desert - Palm Springs Area? Share your experiences!