All reviews mon wed golf course tennis courts beer and wine several buildings social hour bedroom suite free breakfast palm springs full kitchen fire pit large tv ralph's grocery store breakfast room nice patio thoroughly enjoyed our stay sitting area
Reviewed August 5, 2018

The hotel is located minutes from the I-10 and five minutes from the 111. We stayed here for a week over July 4 and it was very busy with large family groups. It is definately an older Residence Inn, made up of several buildings, none of which have an elevator. We had a first floor King studio, which was very comfortable, clean and quiet. However the stairwells to our room needed daily cleaning due to the on site construction and debris from the palm trees. However they were only cleaned once during our stay. The dining area in the main building was only a short walk away. It was however very dark and dingy and definately needed brightened and modernised. Breakfast was OK as was the complimentary dinner and Beer/wine served Monday through Wednesday. However it did not compare as favourably as other Residence Inns we have experienced.The pool was very very busy with children and a quiet lie down at poolside was virtually impossible. All in all, this hotel does need a makeover. In addition, it felt overcrowded with noisy public areas most of the time.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MoJoTours
candihernandez, Manager at Residence Inn Palm Desert, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2018

We are sorry to hear that you did not have the best stay at our hotel, unfortunately we do have construction going on right now and we are trying to do our best to keep it clean. Sorry that the pool was very busy during your stay our pool is really popular in the summer and people come out just to use the pool. When we are busy the public areas do get crowded unfortunately this is not anything that we can control directly.

Reviewed July 8, 2018 via mobile

The location was perfect for us. The hotel is doing some building but the place is in dire need of an internal upgrade. Our room was comfortable. The pool was a bit small and surprisingly not chilled to accommodate 117 degree summer days.

The breakfast was OK and the layout caused much bottlenecks. Someone really needs to watch the morning chaos and make some needed changes. During the middle of breakfast I would consider it poor management to be out of plates, assorted silverware, fruit, cheese, cups for pancake syrup and bowls. This was the same both days we were there.

So, good location, felt safe, but just OK.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

I'm sorry to head that we ran out of these items during your stay with us, this is not something that normally happens. Unfortunately breakfast does get a little chaotic when everyone comes in at the same time. Our pools are set at a lower temp unfortunately with the sun there is no way to keep them at the set temp during 117 degree weather as the sun heats them up.

Reviewed June 22, 2018

As a Marriott Platinum level member, I stay at Marriott properties a lot. We checked into a 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom unit for a 1-day stay. The place is in need of a freshening, but the appliances in the kitchen seemed pretty new. I got into bed and noticed a very small thing crawling on the sheet. I put it on a paper napkin and photographed it with my phone. When I enlarged the photo, it was very clearly a bedbug.I even took a video of it moving around. I removed all of the bed linens and looked on the mattress and in the seams for more bedbugs. Fortunately, there was only one I could find. But it creeped me out and throughout the night, every little itch became a search more more bedbugs. I know I only found one, but I think ones tolerance for bedbugs should be zero.

The next morning, I showed the photo to the desk clerk. She said she would have maintenance look at the room and get back to me. Is that an appropriate response?

Beyond the bedbug, there was a big chip in the bathtub and the drain stopper was broken off. There was also no hair dryer in one of the bedroom/ensuites. I just think the is not acceptable for a Marriott property. I will continue to be loyal to Marriott, but not to this one.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with no bedbugs.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank nznorm

We have our rooms inspected all the time to ensure we prevent this from happening, our hotel does not have bed bugs. We are sorry to hear that you had other issues with your room as well, these are things we like to get taken care of right away and can only do so faster when a guest lets us know of the issues.

Reviewed May 24, 2018

The check inn staff was very pleasant. The room was located clear in the back of the property which was good, because we had a very quiet suite, a long ways to the social hour and breakfast, but it was okay, we enjoyed the food (cheese Burgers) and beer, wine. The breakfast was good, lots of choices The rooms were clean.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank LarryJ64

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, sorry that the layout of the hotel does mean that not every room is close to the breakfast and social.

Reviewed May 1, 2018

Stayed here for Stagecoach weekend in a studio suite overlooking the golf course. It was about a 25 minute drive to the festival. On the positive side the housekeeping staff was very efficient (actually over-efficient as they took away the items we had set aside to recycle), the room was clean and the bed comfortable, and the location was close to a grocery. On the not-so-positive side, parking at this property was insufficient and we had to park at the adjoining hotel property when we returned from the festival each night; the studio we stayed in had a few issues: the fan in the shower/toilet area sounded like dolphins screaming at each other - a very annoying loud sound that started immediately when the light was turned on; the a/c blew directly over the sofa/seating area; the decorative pillows on the sofa were pilled/worn. It is an older style property with multiple buildings and a central building with the lobby and "breakfast" area. Despite the crowd at this hotel during our stay the breakfast was mostly well supplied. Despite the few negatives noted, we will return next year.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
candihernandez, Manager at Residence Inn Palm Desert, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2018

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us during the music festival. Unfortunately when people come in multiple cars or are trying to catch the shuttle it dies leave less parking for everyone else, we are so sorry about that.