1,165 results
All reviews evening reception complimentary breakfast made to order breakfast indian wells palm springs tennis courts kenny upgrades starbucks golf
Reviewed October 21, 2016 via mobile

Best place to stay in the Desert, Great Staff, rooms were perfect, breakfast and happy hour were the best.Stayed here for a golf trip with the guys, perfect location for all our needs.I would highly recommend for any traveler

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed October 19, 2016

I'd rate this place a three-star, run-of-the-mill basic hotel. I think they're aiming higher than that but really, it's far from impressive but not bad either.

Things I liked about this place: The pool is nice, nothing fancy but it has a nice pool deck area with lots of lounge chairs and the water is clean. Same goes for the hot tub. Pool towels are available at the pool deck and you aren't supposed to use the room towels but the pool towels are teeny tiny which kind of sucks for covering your pasty white Canadian flesh from the blazing dessert sun.

The lobby is quite nicely decorated. I liked the rock pool in the middle and it exits onto a pretty courtyard with a pretty old fountain and some tables and chairs.

Actually the whole exterior is nice, it's got a little Spanish vibe going on.

The staff seemed lovey but I didn't really deal with them very much so I can't say for sure.

The rooms are big, like suites (hence the hotel name I guess). We had a separate living room and bedroom and a little kitchenette (bar fridge, sink and counter). If you like sinks then you're set here - our room had three (there's one in the bedroom).

Lots of closet and dresser space to unpack if you are staying long enough to make it worth unpacking.

Things I didn't like:

The rooms are getting old and ours smelled pretty musty. Everything is in fine working order but you can tell the rooms need some updating.

The lack of soundproofing is really a drag. You can hear every time your neighbours flush a toilet like it's happening in your own room. And the floors creak. We were on the ground floor and apparently the guest upstairs travelled to Palm Springs for the sole purpose of pacing his hotel room. I was there specifically to de-stress and catch up on sleep and the creaking floor was really frustrating. It was so loud it was waking me up.

The room service food/restaurant prices are high for mediocre food.

All in all this place is perfectly fine. That's it really. It's an ok place to stay - it's not going to really impress you but there's nothing major to complain about either.

Room tip: If all the floors creak like ours did I'd suggest the top floor so there's no one walking above you.
Reviewed October 19, 2016

this sight is not up to embassy suites standers. It's old the rooms smell musty and just not kept up with. Service is slow no one seemed to follow up and or fix any problem with our stay. In a pinch this site will work but I would avoid it.

Reviewed October 18, 2016

I booked 4 nights for early october as an inexpensive hotel for Desert Trip weekend 1. I happened to book our room the second i heard rumors about a possible concert but before the hotels caught wind and started jacking up their rates. My reservation very clearly confirmed my rate of 140 for each one of the four nights plus a 48 hour cancellation period. When i called over a week in advance to cancel only the first of the four nights, the representative said this would trigger an entirely new reservation and therefore my rate would change to 575/night. Are you kidding me?! I've never in all my travels heard of such a policy, especially since i was quoted a per night rate and not a package, and i wasn't asking to switch my dates. Plus why should i pay more for 1 night then all 4 nights combined!? Then the woman got very hostile and condescending and said my husband should be well aware of this policy being a hilton honors member. Well truth be told, the Hilton was simply trying to take advantage of us because it was Desert Trip weekend, the desert was pretty much sold out and they were able to get away with charging other guests over 500/night since rooms were scarce and booking companies snatched up everything. But i made the reservations over 6 months in advance. Do they not value my business as a hilton member? I finally got a representative who was kind enough to allow us to cancel the one night without changing our rate, but that certainly cost Hilton our respect. As for the positive, the staff could not have been nicer. The beds were surprisingly terrific, the bathroom a bit too small (though having a second sink in the bedroom was a plus) and for my original rate of 140/night i really have no right to complain about the property. Plus breakfast (though not great quality) was included. For a clean comfortable room this a great desert option, but i hate to think how they tried to pull one on us despite the clear terms of our original reservation.

Room tip: Second floor seemed to be very quiet.
Reviewed October 18, 2016

The breakfast is great, happy hour is ok but only has Bud and Bud Light beers. The swimming pool and hot tub are really nice. The grounds were well maintained and the rooms are in good shape. Restaurant and fitness room are being remodeled so not available

• Trip type: Travelled on business