“They remain the best.”

Cork Tree California Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Cork Tree California Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 306 Restaurants in Palm Desert
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cook Street
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We just returned from one very special meal. Greg, our sever, was outstanding as was the meal itself.

Love that the chef allows for half-salads (I had the half-iceberg salad w/blue cheese, bacon bits and other wonderful toppings; my husband had the beet salad). The beet salad was different than most; the chef prepares the beets by oven roasting them with sugar - this softens the beets in a most novel - and delicious way.

For our entree, I had the jumbo scallops and they were indeed jumbo - and delicious. Served over asparagus and risotto. Yum. My husband had the Chilean Seabass - outstanding. He shared a bite with me and it was divine.

The chef came by and we complimented him on his craft - told him how wonderful both entrees were. Turns out the seabass has been the number one entree since the restaurant began many years ago. Now it will be one of ours too.

Dessert (sorbets of a different taste color - strawberry, salted caramel and mango) completed just a superb meal.

We always look forward to returning her when we're in the desert - I'm already salivating.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed November 3, 2018

Cork Tree is consistent – quality of the food, service, attention to reservations, special requests, wine selections have always been great. I’ve eaten there as a vegan and as a carnivore, never worry about bringing guests and have simply never had a bad evening there.
Did it again last night. Fabulous polenta veggie stack, perfectly cooked duck, slightly rare salmon, beautiful beet salads, finishing with voluptuous desserts and espresso at blessedly correct temperature. Our server, Tim, hit all the right notes.
They also made a fabulous Negroni.
What more could you ask for?

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed November 2, 2018

My wife and I ate dinner here and it was simply wonderful. The service was great and
the food was great. Would highly recommend.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed October 28, 2018 via mobile

Good ambience and great location but on the pricey side for what you get
Owned by the Delgado’s of Las Casuelas cafe it’s there upscale brand and it’s lovely but not local friendly more geared toward tourists from the nearby Marriot

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed October 28, 2018

Had a really good dinner last night at Cork Tree. Pleasantly surprised. Had the Scottish Salmon which was just delicious and beautifully presented and kale salad....which was not as good as I hoped. Service was good. Thanks Patrick. I would go back....sooner than later. Good selection of food on the menu.

Date of visit: October 2018