New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Hyatt Palm Springs

Hyatt Palm Springs
Ranked #23 of 70 Hotels in Palm Springs
San Diego
“Wonderful Week for away at Business”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I really don't post many reviews but I had to write about my stay at the Hyatt! I was on business and had such a wonderful week. Service was awesome. Pool was great. If I needed my car they had it out before I came down the elevator! German especially was terrific. The room was well decorated and very comfortable. I slept soundly in a hyper-allergenic room. I was working split shift
Then on my last night when I was coming in from work I stopped to have a nightcap at the hotel bar. I have to say Michael had me laughing for hours!!!! He's a regular stand up comedian! Really made my stay! I will be back in a few months and looking forward to staying at the Hyatt!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank kallisonSD
HyattPSGM, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
Yeah! I truly enjoyed reading your review. We have some great employees here who always go above and beyond and I'm glad you got out of your hotel room and enjoyed the staff and amenities that we have to offer! Palm Springs is such a great place to visit and it is our goal to put a smile on every face . Thanks for making my day and I can't wait to have you back. I'll be sure to share this with all employees and give special recognition to German and Michael for a job well done.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (368)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
San Diego
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

We visited during Spring Break and initially selected the Embassy Suites Palm Desert. When we arrived we didn’t have a good feeling. We asked to see the rooms and as we were walking to the room we got a peek at the pool and knew instantly that we would not be staying..regardless of how the rooms looked. The room was decent and clean but it just was not what we were looking for. I work really hard and I had a vision for this getaway that entailed my sitting by a BEAUTIFUL pool, listening to music on my headphones, flipping through magazines while my children and their 2 friends enjoyed a day of swimming. It also entailed me later relaxing in a BEAUTIFUL room in a BEAUTIFUL hotel. And I must be honest. I did not feel that my vision could be played out like I had envisioned at this particular Embassy Suites Hotel. So we immediately began searching for an alternative everything we checked was totally booked yet we were lucky to score a double suite at the Hyatt! We were very reluctant but thought it had to be better than the Embassy Suites. Well as soon as we walked into the lobby we knew we had made the right decision. We laughed at ourselves thinking that maybe we had just gotten a little too big for our britches. But shrugged that idea off and instead blamed it on the fact that we just wanted more than what the ESuites had to offer…remember….I had a vision and I wanted that vision darnit ;-)! I feel that the Hyatt exceeded my expectations. I enjoyed the elegant yet contemporary chic feel and ambiance of the entire place. There were no elaborate grounds and shrubbery to enjoy but that wasn’t part of my vision so I was o.k. without that. But there was a beautiful fireplace to sit by and enjoy an evening cocktail and we ate in the dining room every morning. The food was rather expensive but it surely was good. It did not disappoint. I would only suggest you not order the Corned Beef Hash. It surely was from a can – YUK!!! And the crab stack with the spinach and hollandaise sauce was not the quality I expected either. But everything else we ordered was really good. I think we tried most of the menu items. My daughter and her friend really enjoyed the smoked salmon plate. The free evening snacks were just o.k. The meatballs were the only ones we tried.

There were 4 children (1) 8 yr old and (3) 10 yr olds and 2 adults in our party and the suite had more than enough room. My friend and I took the beds and the girls made the living room area their “Girls Rule Suite”. We walked in and 2 of the girls made sleeping areas out of the chair and the table and another on the chaise and the other 2 slept on the pull out couch. They loved having their own space and large screen television and the balcony to enjoy!

And I guess you’re wondering if I was able to realize my “vision” at the pool…well I did!!! Indeed! It too exceeded my expectations. We went to breakfast in our swimwear every morning and would head straight for the pool afterwards for a really good spot with an umbrella and the pretty vibrant orange towels. I did not see the need for one of the cabanas while we were there but if it were really crowded then the cabana would have been an awesome escape. We ordered buffalo wings as a rather tasty snack later that afternoon.

Now there was only 1 downside to the entire experience - the maid service was extremely poor. It was obvious that she only made the beds. And it was obvious that she did not vacuum or clean the toilets. Ga-ross (yes I made gross 2 syllables)!!! I brought my Soft scrub just in case I encountered a problem like this to make sure the toilet and tub were at least clean. Maybe I should have brought my vacuum cleaner also...LOL!

But when it was time to leave – we were not ready and was anxious for one or two more days. I’m already planning our return visit when the girls are out on Summer vacation. This Hyatt hotel is our new fave. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. This is the 1st time we have ever stayed in Palm Springs as we usually stay in Rancho Mirage, La Quinta, or Palm Desert but now we are hooked on this hotel. I might try Zoso the next time but the Hyatt is my new fave for Palm Springs and I think you’ll enjoy it too..unless maybe you too have gotten too big for your britches! ;-) Enjoy!!!

Room Tip: We got a room facing the street! Worked for us. I saw rooms facing the mountains and the pool but I...
1 Thank MomBabe
This review was fun to read! I smiled all the way through it as it reminded me of times when I've taken my family to weekend get-aways and selecting the right hotel to create those lasting memories with my kids. Your story is mine...and I'm so glad we were able to exceed your expectations. It's so important to get away from it all and just relax and laying out a the pool with the beautiful mountain range in our backyard is the perfect scene. Thanks for staying with us - we can't wait to have you back! Cheers.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

I enjoyed my stay at the Hyatt very much. Check in staff were friendly and helpful.I particularly liked being so central. The hotel has a very urban feel.

My room was a good size and not noisy. Breakfast was good value but could have used some fresh grapefruit! Wifi worked well, loved the pool area but could do with a few more umbrellas. Gym was small but never crowded.

I’ve already booked another stay in 2 weeks’ time.

San Jose, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

We stayed for 2 nights in a hypo-allergenic king suite with a mountain view. Our initial reservation was for a regular king suite with a mountain view, but becaue our room wasn't ready at the time, and we requested non-feather pillows because of our allergies, we were upgraded to a hypo-allergenic room. These are rooms that are given extra special cleaning, an air filter, and "pure" pillows that are not suppose to be feather.

When we arrived in the room, my eyes immediately started to water. We checked the pillows, and alarmingly, each one was down (feather). When we called down, they at first didn't believe us (I said I opened one and features came spilling out). They sent housekeeping who was extremely apologetic and said that all the non-down pillows were being cleaned and some of the staff must not have known to put non-down pillows into these rooms. They rounded up the appropriate pillows for us and cleaned up the features that spilled out.

The room itself was very nice, with lots of room for our family (2 adults, and 2 kids). The bed was very comfortable and bathroom nicely appointed and clean. The pull out sofa was small (a full size?) but had a separate "chaise" part where our younger child could sleep, giving our teen a little more room in the pull out mattress.

The bell and valet staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Our car was always brought up quickly with a smile.

One evening we returned to our room around 5 to get ready for dinner, and one of the housekeeping staff was in our room cleaning. Since we had dinner reservations at 6:30 and needed to use the bathrooms to shower, we asked her to return later. Though when we returned in the evening, it didn't appear that our room was serviced. Since it was late and we were going to check out the next day, we didn't bother to call anybody. We did get a call from the front desk that evening -- I thought they were calling to apologize for skipping our room housekeeping, but they said that somebody called to complain about noise in our room and if we could please turn down our music or tv. Since the kids were in bed and we didn't have anything on, we told them it must not be our room (they did apologize for the mistake) . Interestingly, early the next morning as we were packing up, somebody from housekeeping did come to our room to clean (we said we were checking out in a little while).

Thursday evenings the street in front of the hotel is blocked off for a street fair with food, music, & arts/crafts. It's a very fun, and family-oriented fair.

Except for the few blips in housekeeping service, we really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

Great location. Good, but overpriced breakfast. Nice pool. Friendly service. Need to update elevators.

• Stayed April 2012
Vancouver, BC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

We stayed here in April 2012 and found this Hyatt to be very nice. It is well located in downtown Palm Springs. The rooms are nicely renovated. The one bedroom corner suite on the 6th floor we had was huge, with a large living room area, bar area and desk. The large bedroom opened onto a patio with a great view of the pool, mountains and golf course. The bathroom had a jacuzzi tub, separate shower and two sinks.

The gym is well equipped and a decent size. The pool area is very clean and modern. The breakfast buffet has a large selection of options.

A great hotel!

Room Tip: Pool/mountain view rooms have great views.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HyattPSGM, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this review, 13 April 2012
I'm so happy you had a great experience at the hotel. I am proud of the product that we can deliver to our guests as our ownership is commited to quality. Thanks for taking the time to write a great review and for staying with us. Can't wait to have you back!
Camarillo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

Fast check in/out during Easter weekend. Nicely appointed rooms. Thick walls! Multiple noisy neighbors in the hall but once they are inside we couldn't hear them!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HyattPSGM, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Thanks for spending your Easter weekend with us and for posting such a nice review about our services on Trip Advisor. It is always have the best intentions to deliver a great experience to our guests and I'm so happy to hear your stay was good. Come back again soon....the weather continues to be fantastic....like no place else! Have a great day.