Movie Colony Hotel
Ace Hotel and Swim Club(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$220
US$169
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Las Brisas Hotel(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$94
US$112
Hilton Palm Springs(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$120
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Hyatt Palm Springs(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$179
  • Pool
Caliente Tropics Resort(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$68
Andreas Hotel & Spa(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$145
The Palm Springs Hotel(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$241
US$169
Avalon Hotel and Bungalows Palm Springs(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$224
US$159
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Skylark Hotel(Palm Springs)(Great Value!)
US$129
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed April 3, 2012

When my wife and I book our getaway weekends to Palm Springs, our first choice is always the Movie Colony. We've been to other hotels which we liked, but keep coming back to the MC because of the superior location, friendly staff and cool architecture/vibe. Closing the front desk at 7ish doesn't bother us.

This time we saved a few bucks NOT renting a car and taxing from PSP... then for our meals, we walked a half block to our fav hipster bar/restaurant (Birba), breakfast spot (Cheeky's), and delish mexican and margaritas (El Mirasol). If you haven't been to this part of downtown or "uptown" recently, it is worth checking out... definitely hopping in the high season. During the day, we lounged by the pool and explored some of the charming neighborhoods on bikes supplied by the hotel. Looking forward to the next time!

Room Tip: many different types to choose from. the pool side rooms are always fun. talk to the front desk
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SweetWillD
Reviewed April 3, 2012

This was by far a wonderful hotel experience. The hotel is charming, the staff is exceptional. My husband and I travel the world, and we just love quirky, acutally we crave quirky. This is a true mid century modern building and it is relaxing and soothing, with great vibes, and a good location. What more could you ask for? The hotel offers Happy Hour , the guests can mingle around a fire pit, and we met the most interesting folks from around the world. We just wanted to say thank you to the Movie Colony! It was a great experience all the way around.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 22, 2012

Thought the website was far better than the reality. It's wasnt bad, but felt a little shabby. It was low season so I didn't pay full price, if full price I would have been disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed March 13, 2012

We stayed at the Movie Colony for 3 nights and loved it! Great amenities and walking distance to everything in the city center. We normally stay at The Horizon, but I think the Movie Colony might be taking it's place from now on.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 2, 2012

This place was alright. It had a small B&B type charm to it, was in a good location surrounded by nice places to eat, convenient to the Convention Center (which is why we were in town). Service was good enough, although I wish they'd been a tad more specific when I was booking our room... You see, they warned us, but we didn't listen.

They warned us that a "large group of people" was staying there and that, "you know, large groups of people can get a little loud, and we are a small place." I get it - I went to college, and honestly was ok with the idea of people having a good time around us. But what I didn't realize was that that large group of people was from the Renaissance Fair. Ren Fair people are their own unique breed. Taken in small doses, they are a somewhat fascinating subculture of people seeking a good time. In large doses, they are overwhelming. Worse yet, this particular group booked for the Ren Fair, realized the Ren Fair itself had been canceled, yet still came and basically just took over the Movie Colony Hotel instead. We ended up checking out of there and moving to a much larger, much more boring hotel, which turned out to be much better for our purposes.

Otherwise, I'd recommend the place. It's nice. Just make sure you heed their warnings.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business