“Surrounded by the stars”

Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel
Ranked #26 of 74 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Very impressed with the property,excellent food and beverage,enjoyed wines around the fire pits while looking up at the brightest stars i've ever seen. The rooms were crisp and clean, the staff was friendly, and the weather was great. Excellent place for a conference, and I will return on a leisure trip for relaxation. Easy walk to downtown and the casino.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 20 February 2012

The Renaissance Palm Springs was an incredible hotel. The staff was gracious and attentive. The view from the room with the mountain in the background was gorgeous. I hope to come back again soon!

• Stayed: February 2012
EricHill, Manager at Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

We were delighted to read how you enjoyed our hotel, services and the wonderful Palm Springs scenery, we are truely blessed to live here.

Thank you for choosing our hotel and we look forward to seeing you upon your return to Palm Springs.

Reviewed 17 February 2012

The hotel is clean and comfortable. It is only 4 walkable blocks to restaurants and shops. They also have a complimentary van shuttle that picked me up from PSP so I did not need a car for the weekend.
I found it odd that I there was not a Welcome pamplet or guide to the hotel amenities in my room. I had to call to find out the pool hours. Had to call to find out where the fitness center was located.
I did not go in the pool but the jacuzzi was luke warm, should have been hotter. The fitness center was larger than I expected with approx. 4 treadmills, 4 ellipticals and other cardio and weight machines.
Yes, I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Pool or mountain views
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
EricHill, Manager at Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2012

Thank you for choosing our hotel and sharing your review of our services. We do have in room hotel guides, however, it seems our Style attendant failed to insure one was in your room. I will follow up with our team to insure we consistently provide them.

Thank you again and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 16 February 2012

Stayed here for a week during Thanksgiving. The problems with this stay were so many that I'll try and keep it brief:
-Two conventions happened during our stay, one that wrapped up after the first two nights and another that took place the remainder of the time. Both were for teens/young people. The most bothersome part was the So. Cal. youth AA members. So picture 800 high school and college age recovering alcoholics. I have no problem with them organizing a conference. I do have a problem when Renaissance (owned by Marriott) does not forewarn guests NOT part of the group that this conference will be happening - complete with breakout groups in the pool area till the wee hours of the morning and with kids running up and down the halls, sleeping in the hallways and in front of the elevators. Ironically, this was the second time we happened to be booked in a hotel with these types of conventions, and both were Marriott-owned properties. The worst part were the group "activities" at 2am in the courtyard by the pool. When I called the front desk, I was told that because that area was outdoors, there was nothing they could do.
-Housekeeping was poor. In the living room area, the end table was not dusted once during my stay - or prior to my stay. I even wrote "dust me please" in the dust towards the beginning of the week to see if that might draw their attention. It did not and it remained there the entire week. Other days our room was not cleaned until almost 5 in the afternoon. One day one of the housekeepers left one of the rags she used to clean the bathroom draped over the top of my toiletries. Who knows if she had used that rag on the toilet or the bathtub but I couldn't believe she would leave it draped on my personal toiletries. I ended up throwing them all out and buying new ones because I didn't know what that rag had previously touched.
-Inadequate parking when there is a conference going on at the hotel. If you get back too late, you are out of luck and you have to pay for valet parking. Nice touch.
-Poor customer service on behalf of management - I made multiple requests to be contacted by the hotel manager to discuss the above, never received a call back.

Overall - I was extremely disappointed in this hotel. From the housekeeping to the abysmal level of service and the way they respond to inquiries - everything was below standard for a hotel that claims to be a "nice" hotel. Bottom line is they should stop pretending to be something that they're not. You can paint a garbage can any color, but when you lift the lid, it's still trash.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mkirch72
EricHill, Manager at Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2012

We do appreciate your taking the time to share your comments about your stay with us in November; please accept our most sincere apologies for any inconveniences you may have endured. I will be certain to share your observations with our housekeeping staff and conduct the necessary refresher trainings.

Thank you again for your comments as we do use this feedback to improve our services. It is our sincere hope that this occurence will not deter you from choosing our hotel again should your travels bring you back to Palm Springs.

Reviewed 14 February 2012

Stayed here with my Softball team over the weekend. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable and loved the free complimentary Limo Service around town. Hotel Pool was also fun to lounge around in. Taste the homemade chips its awesome and cheap.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
EricHill, Manager at Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2012

We appreciate that you and your team mates chose our hotel while you were in Palm Springs for a softball tournament; we hope you took home the trophy! Thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff and services, we always strive for a "home run", sounds as though we didn't "strike out" with you.

Thank you again and we look forward to your calling us "home base" on your return trip to Palm Springs.

Reviewed 12 February 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a girls weekend. It was nicely upgraded and the staff was very helpful and friendly. We had a beautiful room overlooking the pool. The location was really close to Palm Canyon drive so it made it easy for dining and shopping. They even offer complimentary shuttle to local restaurants in the evening. The Spa was very small but our massages were excellent! We were disappointed that this hotel does not have pay per view movies available from your room. Otherwise, a great place to stay. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
EricHill, Manager at Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2012

We appreciate you choosing our hotel for your recent trip to Palm Springs and your wonderful review of our hotel and services. We are lucky to be so close to Palm Canyon drive and all it has to offer and we are delighted you enjoyed our shuttle service.

Thank you again and we look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 8 February 2012

We went for a weekend tennis getaway and loved this hotel. The price was reasonable, and the decor is quite modern and new. Clean linens and nice breakfast too.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple