“Conference stay ”

Ranked #26 of 73 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed here for a conference located in the hotel. This was the ideal spot to stay, compared to others that stayed at other hotels in the area. The conference area was very nice and large. The hotel has had great service and help with anything they can.
First we were picked up from the airport after calling for the free shuttle. The driver was very nice and had cold bottle water for us ready. The driver and valet men then helped us with our bags and brought us into the lobby. We went to get a drink before our room was ready and the drinks were very pricy.
Second, the hotel is very nice. The main lobby is very big and currently being remodeled. Rooms are spacious, only some with balconies. We had an issue with the bathroom and they fixed it right away, also the front desk called to make sure it was fixed.
Third, the pool area is very nice. Many chairs to choose from. Towels available at the pool.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

It's such a posh hotel! I had never been to Palm Springs before but I am completely smitten! The service at this hotel is phenomenal! Everything, from the lobby, my room and the pool were entirely esthetically pleasing. I promise you, you will have a fantastic stay!

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed 12 August 2017

Hallways were dirty, room was noisy, and front desk staff were rude. Also, the hotel charges for everything it possibly can including parking and breakfast. Not even free coffee in the lobby in the morning! The location is convenient but there are plenty of better hotel options in the same area.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Jackie C, Manager at Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2017

Dear NWilk2014,

Your comments have been forwarded to this office for review. On behalf of the Renaissance Palm Springs please accept my apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. You can rest assured that the opportunities presented have been discussed with the appropriate department managers and the necessary action has been taken.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

I attended a convention in this hotel and hence my experience is different from visitors staying in hotel during their stay at Palm Springs.

The hotel provides complimentary shuttle services to and from the airport. I landed at the Palm Springs airport, and called the hotel to get the shuttle and was able to get to the hotel within 10 minutes. The check-in process was swift, even though I was sharing a room with someone else who had already checked in. The shuttle service begins its operations after 5 in the morning, so if you have an early flight to catch, getting a cab will be a better option

The rooms are clean and have all the basic amenities. Bed with enough pillows and blankets, TV, microwave, fridge, free WiFi. The washrooms are clean and has all the supplies, although the bathtub felt greasy. The room service seems to be pretty relaxed as they come in afternoon to clean the rooms.

The hotel has a fairly decent sized pool and also provides towels. It also has a jacuzzi, but it wasn't properly functioning when I visited and the water was lukewarm. The hotel also has a counter where you can get lukewarm Starbucks coffee at price double than regular Starbucks and cold danish. I didn't try their breakfast and dinner, so can't comment about their food. The hotel does not have a vending machine, but instead has a stock of basic stuff like cookies, chips, ice cream, milk, basic OTC medications, although you will pay a premium price for the same. But beware about the gift shop in premise, as the price you pay to buy stuff like flipflops of swimming trunks is considerably higher (20 times) than the price you would pay at local stores.

Most of the restaurant and shops are located 2-3 blocks away from the hotel. Unless you have a car, you will be doing considerable walking in Palm Springs weather. The hotel has a shuttle that will take you to the restaurants, but check with front desk about the timing.

To summarise, I did not have any major complaints during my stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Jackie C, Manager at Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Dear JSmith31082012,

Your comments have been forwarded to the Executive Office for review. On behalf of the Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel please accept my apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. You can rest assured that the opportunities presented have been discussed with the appropriate department managers and the necessary action has been taken.

Jackie C

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

Brought my family to PS for the first time hoping for a good impression but was extremely disappointed. First off the grounds and lobby were very nice. You can tell they spent some serious time remodeling it. At check-in, I was told I booked a room with a king bed with a pool view. Which I didn't because we were traveling with our 14 yr old daughter. I booked pool view with two double beds. Was told they didn't have anymore. I paid extra for a view of the parking lot. Once inside the AC was barely working. The room was sticky. (It was 107 degrees outside) so we were willing to overlook it. The bathroom mirror and towel stand were dirty and hadn't been cleaned for our stay. Beds had trash underneath and a toy left over from the previous guest. Plus one beds was broken. The toilet upon flushing had a loud howling sound. We only stayed for one night here otherwise I would have complained about all of the above. The kicker was when we were getting ready to leave, I realize BOTH beds had some black bugs or some type of dirt inside them. They seemed to be dead or some type of dirt. Took pics. Pretty disappointed and will never stay again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank aprilr0324
Rochelle C, Executive Office at Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2017

April0324

Renaissance Palm Springs

Reviewed 1 August 2017

The location of this hotel in relation to Palm Springs centre is good. It is just a 10 minute walk or a few minute shuttle bus away by which the hotel provides a service. Beautiful views of the mountains.

We recently stayed in a junior suite for the second half of our wedding party. On arrival at 4pm the bride and groom's room was unfortunately not ready. This meant that after a long drive we were not able to relax and unpack as hoped. The room was spacious and had all of the amenities necessary for a comfortable stay. Comfortable beds, toiletries and fresh towels were provided daily. The general housekeeping of the room was okay however corridors are tired and in need of a good hoover. Further to this, housekeeping continued to leave random towels on the floor outside of doors. Unsure what this signified! On one occasion, one of our rooms was not even serviced and had been missed!

The reception area has quite clearly had a recent refurbishment and should the whole hotel be done to this standard the overall rating would easily improve.

The pool area whilst a little tired out was as spacious as the rooms again with stunning views of the mountains. The pool was safe and shallow with access to a children's pool for families. During our stay the hotel management proposed that the number of guests staying during the week was too low to open the pool bar. This was a disappointment for many! Whilst they offered a waiter service for drinks and bar snacks this appears another way of encouraging further tipping of servers.

Although only two of our party of six visited the evening restaurant breakfast was included in the cost of our overall stay. This included a range of hot or cold options and was very enjoyable. However, on our first day one particular member of staff (Amour) was extremely rude to two of our guests chasing our guests out of the dining area demanding an 18% tip for a buffet self service breakfast. Whilst he served drinks on our arrival he didn't listen to our requests and brought two incorrect orders to the table. Whilst I am understanding of the expectancy to tip in the US I feel that it is the choice of the customer to tip or even how much to tip! He went on to tell us his days off when my parents stated they prefer to tip later on in the holiday (not on arrival). Especially since this would make a small buffet breakfast more expensive than the luxury hotel the Bellagio that we have recently stayed with no demand for tips at breakfast. It is fair to say that all other members of staff at breakfast were helpful and were not pushy with regards to this single issue. To finalise our experience of Amour he continued to ignore us for the duration of the week yet hovered on the last day clutching for a tip! Simply rude and obnoxious!

Our overall stay was a pleasant one and we enjoyed our stay in Pam Springs. Should the hotel be refurbished we may return.

Room Tip: Junior suite pool view
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 233nad
Rochelle C, Executive Office at Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

Dear 233nad,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. First, please accept our apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. You can rest assured that your comments have been discussed with the appropriate department managers and the necessary action has been taken.

Renaissance Palm Springs

Reviewed 29 July 2017

The Renaissance is a nice hotel, centrally located in Palm Springs. You do have to pay $12/day to park your car and the Margaritas are a little pricey at $12-14, however the pool is nice and the staff is very friendly and courteous. Except for the guy behind the bar in the lobby who would have me believe that the only bottle-opener in the entire hotel was the his personal one that he carried and informed me that you can open a bottle with just about anything. I managed to open the bottles but you can't tell me this guy has the only opener in the hotel. The on-site restaurant is also expensive but I expected that (the food is pretty good, we had no complaints). Also the staff will walk-through the pool area fairly regularly and take food and drink orders. Overall a pleasant experience and a hotel that I would stay at again.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Nick S
Rochelle C, Executive Office at Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Nick S

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences you experienced. You can rest assured that we have addressed the opportunities presented and the necessary action has been taken.

We look forward to your return visit.
Renaissance Palm Springs.