“First time at this location and we loved it”

Plaza Resort and Spa
Ranked #50 of 73 Hotels in Palm Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
North Hollywood, Ca
“First time at this location and we loved it”
Reviewed 26 August 2011

The best of everything starting with the staff and the ease of making the reservation. We reserved two rooms the Studio and the one Bedroom suite. Quiet place to stay the pool was perfect the mist in the shade was awesome the new BBQ grills were terrific the kids enjoyed the variety of DVD's. All in all we had a great time and will be going back for sure.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Nina K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Anaheim, California
Reviewed 20 March 2011

We made a reservation at The Plaza months before our trip, taking time to select where we wanted to stay from numerous options. One week before the trip, we got a call that our reservation was canceled and that we would be transferred to another facility. Not "would" we transfer, but this was done without our permission and despite a confirmed reservation. The initial explanation was that there were plumbing problems, but when I challenged that on the basis that it was a week away and surely that would be resolved, that explanation was retracted, but no other was offered. Needless to say, you cannot book a room here and be sure that you will stay at The Plaza.

Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
9 Thank KimM44
Anaheim, California
Reviewed 6 March 2011

Made a reservation 3 months ago to stay at this hotel, and were notified that we were kicked out of the hotel and being moved to another hotel with lesser accommodations. They canceled our reservation without telling us, and wait until we called to try and find an alternate booking. We got stuck further away from our destination, in a crappier hotel. Unfortunately, the whole area is completely booked up, so getting bumped because they got a better deal really screwed us. DON"T MAKE A RESERVATION AT THIS HOTEL - IT IS NOT GUARANTEED - THEY EVEN CHARGED OUR CREDIT CARD FOR THE FULL AMOUNT!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
10 Thank efm1123
North Carolina
Reviewed 19 February 2011

Plaza Resort and Spa is not a hotel; It's a time-share. So if you want a modern hotel with all the amenities, this is not the place for you. However, that being said, I had a wonderful stay. The room was actually a suite, two rooms. A small kitchen, dining table and living room area with pull-out sofa (which I didn't use) and TV. The other room was the bedroom and bathroom. Both rooms were spacious and had balconeys. The bed was very comfortable. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The resort has three floors and offers rooms facing either the golf course or tennis courts. I asked for a quiet room facing the tennis courts and my room on the third floor was very quiet. The only thing I heard was the occasional door closing. The hotel has tennis courts, fitness center and swimming pool (which I didn't have time to use) and two hot tubs. They also provide towels and bathrobe if you ask. They also have free DVDs to loan and a book exchange in the lobby.

A couple of important things to note:

1) internet is an extra fee about $5 per day
2) there is not daily maid service, but you can exchange towels at the front desk
3) they take a $100 deposit for incidentals and remove from your credit card day after you leave

With all that in mind, I highly recommend the Plaza Resort and Spa.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank ncbeachgoer
Reviewed 30 August 2010

The Resort was older but very nice and clean. Comfortable. The scenery was wonderful. Sits right on a beautiful golf course.

Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PhyllisP3
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 18 June 2010

Overall I really liked this place. The front desk people were very very nice whenever I came in contact with them. The room itself (I got a studio) was nice, although it was decorated a little too "Golden Girls" for me. The kitchenette had everything, including a toaster and a blender. There was a DVD player, and they loan out DVDs in the reception area. My unit had a nice view of the golf course, but on the other side of the building, units had a view of the beautiful mountains; both views are impressive. Everything worked and I had no maintenance issues.

The bed in my unit was super-comfortable, probably one of the best I've ever had in a hotel (I was in room 220.)

They have a nice workout room that's well-equipped with a treadmill, Lifecycle bike and a big universal station for weight lifting. The exercise room overlooks the main pool.

What I didn't like: I could clearly hear people walking around (among other things) in the unit above me. Most buildings in California are wood-frame instead of cement, so you don't get very good sound insulation, especially from rooms above. For me, in the future, it will be more important to get a 3rd floor unit, regardless of the view. If there had been kids in the room above mine, I would have had to change rooms, I'm sure. Also, I thought the $30 per week fee to use the wireless internet was too high, so I used dial-up instead (NetZero gives 10 free hours per month).

You would probably need a car while visiting here, but it would be possible to not have a car. If you leave the hotel, walk down Golf Club Drive to the main highway, take a left and there's a shaded bus stop. The bus probably doesn't come very often, but it's nice to have the option. If you walk past the bus stop, you'll find a Target, Starbucks, Pollo Loco, Trader Joe's supermarket, and plenty of other shops. It's about a 5-minute walk to the bus stop, and another 5 minutes more to the shopping center. This is a very safe area for walking. If you want to walk everywhere, you should probably stay in downtown Palm Springs, as this place is very near Cathedral City.

A previous reviewer had said their car got broken into, so I put all valuables in my trunk, and left the empty glove box open. Nothing happened to my car during the week I was there.

I warmly recommend this place, and will stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
8 Thank maynard7
US
Reviewed 29 October 2009

The Plaza Resort and Spa was a friendly place to visit. All of the staff could not do enough for us. There was one maintenance issue that was fixed swiftly. The 2 pools and 2 spas were exceptionally clean and tidy. We were even given a spa robe to use during our visit. We had a studiol apartment and had plenty of room to sleep, cook, and eat. Our condo was facing the golf course so we had great views of the mountains. We would return to this condo and recommend it to our friends.
Palm Springs was a great city to visit with lots of outdoor activities and shopping.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple