“A perfect Gem in the desert.”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Casa de Serena

Loggia
Citrus Trees
Loggia; Citrus
Loggia; Citrus2
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 11 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Maureen D
“A perfect Gem in the desert.”
Reviewed May 29, 2017 for a stay in April 2017
people found this review helpful

This house was so much nicer than we expected.Obviously the photo's on line showing the property and the reviews swayed us to book and what a treat when we opened the front door. Imeadiately you have a feeling of euphoria and the feeling stays.

You really cannot fault this rental but the plus for me seeing as I have a disability was the attention to detail in the layout of the interior, which is obstacle free and consequently gave me confidence in my mobility. Everything was thought out meticulously for your comfort .
The shower with the seat and grab rails was wonderful.The pool was easy for me to access, the steps were not steep and the railing was an asset.For anyone with mobility issues who loves the sun and pool this rental is ideal.
Frank the manager was very helpful and easily contacted.
My daughter loved the bike and when not running in the morning was happy to cycle.
This really was home from home and we are so looking forward to returning next year.

30 May 2017
Thank you so much for your great review, Maureen--Jim
A K
Davis, California
“Lovely, quiet oasis in East Movie Colony District”
Reviewed February 4, 2017 for a stay in December 2016

This is a lovely property with views of the mountains, a secluded yard and a lovely pool. The house is spacious and can easily accommodate 6 or more people. There is a very large living room, dining room and a good sized kitchen that is well equipped. The master bedroom is very comfortable and very quiet. The house is very well maintained and was immaculate. There is free wi-fi at the house and cable TV . Our black lab came with us, and enjoyed sitting on the chaise lounge next to the pool, but resisted all temptation to swim (aided by a leash). Jim, who manages the property, was very helpful and accommodating (we arrived late due to rain and Xmas traffic), without being intrusive. The neighborhood is quiet with very little traffic. It is a short drive to the many activities in Palm Springs. This would be a good house for a family reunion given the spaciousness. My only negative comment was that it would have be nice to know before we rented that there is a $50/day fee to heat pool. As one reason for choosing this rental was to be able to swim daily, this steep fee was disappointing.

5 Feb 2017
The additional charge to heat the pool is Item 4 on the rental agreement
Reviewed August 1, 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The private serenity of the home and neighborhood.
Liked least: No patio umbrellas.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
John N
West Hollywood, California, United States
“My Home away from Home !”
Reviewed June 2, 2016 for a stay in May 2016
people found this review helpful

I loved the house the minute I saw the pictures on TripAdvisor. Plus they accept small dogs. The 3 bedrooms sleeps 6. Not including the living room sofa/sleeper, where I slept, so I can take my dogs out early and late without disturbing anyone. The beds are comfortable. The bath towels white and soft. The kitchen has everything you need to cook and bake. The fruit trees supply varies, but just enough for us. We stayed for 6 days. The pool/Jacuzzi very clean. I have been to many P.S. rentals. Casa de Serena, made me feel right at home. Jim and Frank are very friendly, and answered all my questions with delay. I will be back again. It would be nice if the red rock area next to pool, was a flat and/or deck space, for even more mountain views. XOXO

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: feeling safe and comfortable
Liked least: that i had to leave...... XO
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
6 Jun 2016
John--Thanks for your review. I like your suggestion of getting better views of the mountain by having a deck space on the east side of the pool, and I will consider options such as a gazebo or covered swinging chair.--Jim
HappyPeop...
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“VERY NICE HOUSE”
Reviewed April 27, 2015 for a stay in April 2015

My wife and I stayed here and it was a very nice house. The master bed was very comfortable. It has an open floor plan in the kitchen, dining and living room and has comfortable seating in the living room. The grapefruit trees were pretty picked over from the previous guests, but we were able to find a few ripe grapefruits for eating. The bicycles in the garage were nice for riding around the area neighborhoods. Frank was the manager and was very kind in explaining the house when we first arrived.

Liked best: Pool and jaccuzzi
Liked least: We had to leaving to come home........ :(
Travelling group: Other
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Mel_Strai...
Edmonton, Canada
“Quiet, comfortable home away from home.”
Reviewed April 5, 2015 for a stay in March 2015
person found this review helpful

This was a house I was very comfortable bringing my family to. It was clean and the beds were nice. There was a lot of space for my big family of 7. We enjoyed quiet days sitting by the pool eating the fresh fruit we picked from the trees in the yard. The house had everything we needed, and we felt very at home there. It was close to grocery stores so we could get what we needed without going too far.
I would bring my family there again if we ever made our way back to Palm Springs.

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Travelling group: Teenagers
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
Thejstati...
“Beautiful property w excellent location!”
Reviewed November 7, 2014 for a stay in July 2014

I have vacationed at this property several times and always look forward to returning. The property is centrally located in Palm Springs making access to the restaurants and shopping a breeze. The outdoor pool/spa area provides privacy and is a little oasis where you can lounge and relax both day and night. Unlike some other properties I have stayed in PS the outdoor area also has adequate amounts of shade if you want to retreat from the sun. The inside of the home is a roomy and nicely maintained. Plenty of natural light and the open floor plan give the place a nice airy feel. I will be returning with my family to stay again in the years to come.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing