“A wedding that was the Ace. ”

Ace Hotel and Swim Club
Ranked #18 of 75 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed 22 January 2015 via mobile

Just spent a week at the Ace and hosted our family and friends for our daughters wedding. The Ace was top notch and very accommodating. There is everything there needed for an unusual wedding. The rooms are comfortable and inventive. The Ace was helpful in solving any guests issues. They have everything on site from a great restaurant inside and outside bar, two pools, a spa, fireplaces galore, fabulous ambience and a well stocked mini bar. It's loud or quiet, funky and fun and whatever you want it to be. We loved it.

Stayed: December 2014
2  Thank B B
Rachelle L, Manager at Ace Hotel and Swim Club, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2015

So glad you enjoyed!!!!! Big thanks.

Reviewed 19 January 2015

Great retro setting in Palm Springs. Staff very friendly and helpful. Rooms funky but comfortable. But don't come if you don't like LOUD. If you want a nice quiet rest by e pool forget it. Loud music all day (starting at 7:00 am!) blaring by the pool and it gets louder as the day goes on. And the pool is in the center of everything so it is loud everywhere. Nice bar but at night -- you guessed it -- LOUD music blaring!

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Porter S
Rachelle L, Manager at Ace Hotel and Swim Club, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2015

Thanks for the visit Porter. Appreciate the feedback. Hope to see you back soon!!!

Reviewed 11 January 2015

Hipster modern without the pretentious staff, everyone was very nice. I did see more than one handlebar mustache, but I reminded myself not to stereotype. Just because someone has a handlebar mustache doesn't mean their a magician.

The restaurant was great. The pool: awesome. The seating area around the pool: awesomer.

Dogs & babies: yes. We had one of each travelling with us, so we fit right it. Don't fear the dogs and babies though, this is no Chuck E. Cheese. Cool place. Cool people who just so happened to have recently procreated.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank T8504ZEalanc
Rachelle L, Manager at Ace Hotel and Swim Club, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2015

Thanks Alan. Glad you enjoyed!!!!!!

Reviewed 10 January 2015

We spent three nights at the Ace for a wedding. The wedding arrangements were brilliant and the Ace was a spectacular venue. It was expensive, but bedrooms were big, clean and very comfortable. The whole place has a very cool vibe with DJs by the pool and nice little extras like a proper mini-bar (full sized bottles of quality alcohol, not miniatures).

Service was a little slow in the restaurant and bar though. We waited well over an hour for food in the bar and it was clear that they didn't have enough staff on (it was NYE). But all the staff were friendly and helpful and it wasn't their fault!

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank London_Mongoose

thank you so much for your feedback. Really appreciate your visit......and hope you'll be able to return in the future. We have several exciting new changes in our restaurants......and believe you'd enjoy.

Thanks again.

Reviewed 6 January 2015

To me ace hotels are definitely equal to quality and this is something they have never failed to deliver. This hotel specially was a surprise when I saw so many families and a dog friendly environment.
We came to Palms Spring on an architecture tour, but I wish I had definitely stayed a bit longer and had a chance to explore the city.
The hotel is pretty well equipped, the rooms are huge and super comfy! If you have some time, rent a scooter and go about your day around the city!
We did not get a chance to try the Amigo Room, but breakfast at King´s Highway was definitely a highlight!

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cyngtz
Rachelle L, Manager at Ace Hotel and Swim Club, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2015

Awesome!!!! So glad you enjoyed. Have some new twists coming to our restaurants soon.......hope you can be back to enjoy it. Thanks for choosing ACE!!!!
We apreciate it.

Reviewed 6 January 2015

I have stayed at this hotel many times, and I have always loved the scene at the pool in the past, with DJs spinning on the weekend and the whole pool and outdoor bar area feeling like a big party. However, my last trip revealed that the place has gone to the dogs, and I mean that literally. There were dogs everywhere at the pool, and at least half of them were off-leash. One of them that was just wandering around with its owner nowhere in sight knocked over my bloody mary, and there was dog hair from a big golden lab matted into an area where water had splashed out of the pool—you just know that some of that dog hair is going to end up in the pool when people have their dogs right next to it. Some of the dogs were barking at each other too when they were walked by other dogs. It doesn't make for the most relaxing sunbathing.

In addition, there was a persistent smell like a sewer outside our room. I don't know if it was from dog owners letting their pups pee on the dirt, or if there was some other problem, but it was not good. I do not go on vacation to stay in a kennel.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Mark47Seattle

Thanks for the info Mark. We are addressing the concern you've shared. But you like to speak with you so you understand........and that you'll come back and not have that experience. Really appreciate you choosing ACE and that's not the experience you deserve.

Would you mind emailing me at rachelle.gray@acehotel.com?

Thank you.

Reviewed 3 January 2015 via mobile

This place stinks. The lobby, the bar, the pool. It smells like sewage.

The front desk denied it when I asked if I was the only one smelling these things, then another guest behind me said I wasn't crazy. They said sorry and shoe'd me off. Once in the bar I noticed they were burning incense to combat the smell and I asked the bartender. He said the plumbing was old and it happened from time to time that whole property smelled like sewage. I went back to the front desk to mention these facts, they said they still had no idea what I was talking about. I asked for a manager- before they could call one over they offered me an instant discount.

I'll never stay an an Ace again. You have a problem- fix it. Don't make me feel like I'm imagining crazy smells and then charge me $350 to stay in your smelly hotel.

• Stayed: December 2014
7  Thank Evan B

Hi Evan. Would love to chat with you......that wasn't what you smelled.
Would you mind emailing me at rachelle.gray@acehotel.com?

Thank you.