All reviewskings highwayamigo roomdog parkstumptown coffeehighway restaurantphoto boothhipster hotelstandard kingpatio roompool arearecord playercool hotelmain poolcool vibeyounger crowdfish tacosgreat design
Reviewed July 30, 2016

The kids had a patio room almost directly below mine. They were thrilled with everything, as was their little dog to have such space. The rooms are well appointed huge bed and a useful bar area with all you could wish for (except a coffee maker).The pool was warm, and not too crowded, food and drinks were excellent.Room service allowed us to breakfast together in the sunshine on the patio in privacy. Staff was super-courteous and overall it was a great experience, we'll be back.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Tim A, General Manager at Ace Hotel and Swim Club, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2016

Hey sj. Love your review. Dogs are seriously some of our favorite guests. Nearly every manager here has a dog as do many of our associates - it's kind of a screening question when we interview people.

Glad you had a wonderful stay and I hope we can welcome you (all) back very soon.

Reviewed July 25, 2016 via mobile

The Ace Hotel offered a unique room experience with an outdoor camping theme. The rooms were the Cozy and the beds are unbelievably comfortable. We had a private patio off of our room that was fun for visiting with friends and playing games out on. The hotel is a short drive to downtown where all the shopping is. Staff is very friendly and the rooms very clean neat and tidy area. The hotel offers a very fun relaxed atmosphere with a great pool restaurants and a couple dive bars.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Tim A, General Manager at Ace Hotel and Swim Club, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2016

Hey Jason. Thanks for your kind review. I hope on your next visit we can earn that 5th star! Come back again very soon.

Reviewed July 24, 2016 via mobile

Stayed at the Ace for three days. Always like staying here. Staff was very friendly and food was very good.
But it is a little tired. Things are starting to look a little frayed and worn. Hot pool has cracks and chips all over. Bathroom had mold in shower.
Door mat was curled and beat. Chair on patio was missing pieces.
I hope this hotel does not let this place go down hill.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank PaVistor19460
Tim A, General Manager at Ace Hotel and Swim Club, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2016

Hey paVistitor -

Very happy to report we are in full agreement and have plans over the next 16 months to update the property including the pool and jacuzzi in December (pool will close for 9 days) and guest rooms between May-Sept of 2017.

We are deep in the planning stages now and by this time next year there will be a noticeable refresh on the whole hotel.

Stay tuned!

Reviewed July 23, 2016 via mobile

Overall the vibe at this hotel is great. The reception staff are super nice, waiting staff round the pool super attentive and food absolutely excellent overall. The rooms are really cute and work well for the desert backdrop. We are really into music and felt the speakers round the pool when there was no DJ there quite tinny which was a bit annoying plus the pool gets totally packed. There is a quieter pool but you need to be aware the main pool at the weekends is for partying.
I'd 100% stay again and would recommend it. The interiors are cool and I welcomed the relaxed atmosphere and good people watching !

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends

Hey whisper -

A few weeks ago an overzealous DJ blasted the music and blew out every one of our brand new speakers. That tinny sound is the result. A repair is in the works.

Glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed July 22, 2016

I'm sure this hotel is just fine for many....just not for me (I'm not a hipster, and don't aspire to be one) I booked this hotel, as it was the "host hotel" for an event I attended.The room door lock, or door, needs to be adjusted....you shouldn't have to body check the door to open it. We were unable to park close to the room, as that parking had been blocked off for the event staff. A basic amenity, blackout curtains, is nonexistent.. Guess I'm foolish to have expected some basics for my money.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank dogsnkid

Hi dogsnkid -

Hi dogsnkid -

I am in full agreement with you on our guest rooms doors. When we renovate the hotel in Spring 2017, all doors and closure hardware will be replaced and we will be updating our lock technology at the same time. Additionally, I am pushing our design on the dark shade so sleeping in is possible. The sun in Palm Springs can be unforgiving - especially if you were out late the night before.

Thanks for the feedback.