“Palm Springs vintage glamour”

Riviera Palm Springs Resort
Ranked #44 of 75 Hotels in Palm Springs
Reviewed 8 April 2012

What a wonderful place! We found this place on Expedia after leaving a horrible room at another hotel down the road.
The front desk clerk named Mark was so attentive and helpful and ensured we got a beautiful room. The room was glamourous and everything was beautiful. Amazing furniture everywhere and the pool was beautiful.

My only suggestion is that housekeeping took too long to service the room. They wouldn't show up until 4 or 5 pm.

Room Tip: Courtyard views are very nice.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
RivieraPalmSprings, General Manager at Riviera Palm Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2012

I am so glad to know we were able to improve your Palm Springs trip with a great guestroom. We appreciate the acknowledgment of the service you received from our team. Thank you for the taking the time to post a review. Please look us up the next time you are planning a trip to Palm Springs.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,616)

Reviewed 6 April 2012

All doors at this place slam shut so we are constantly being woken up to the loud noise and shaking. It feels like there is absolutely no insulation in the entire place. The halls are dark, rundown, and very dirty.

• Stayed: April 2012

I apologize for the noise you experienced during your visit. We appreicate the feedback as we have plans for room and hallway improvements and it is the words of our guests that will help steer those plans. Once again, I am sorry for the challenges you faced during your stay.

Reviewed 5 April 2012

We stayed at The Riviera for Dinah so the hotel was pretty packed. The staff is friendly and very helpful. I loved the balcony in the room and the bed was very comfortable. There are several pools in different locations with cabanas and chairs. The bikini bar had good and quick food, Side bar has outdoor seating and firepits. All in all a great place to stay in Palm Springs.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Jltdinga

Thank you for joining us and for the great review. A room with a balcony is always nice and luckily we have quite a few rooms with balconies and patios. Please join us again anytime for fun or business travel!

Reviewed 4 April 2012

Spacious, well-appointed suite that was very comfortable. The staff was friendly, probably the most friendly I've ever experienced in a hotel or resort ever...on a jam packed, sold out weekend. They worked around the clock to clean up and set up the grounds for the next event. It was nearly spotless despite thousands of people coming through it. The outdoor areas are fantastic and well kept...outdoor pools, fire pits, plush seating areas, etc.

They should upgrade their ice machines as they were usually out of order and/or empty, and it'd be nice to have a little larger refrigerator & a small sink in the room (ours was a XL suite with a large bar top but no sink), but otherwise, the rooms were very comfortable and plush.

All in all, it was a very nice experience. I'd definitely recommend staying there if you want to enjoy yourself and don't want the usual, mass-produced hotel stay. If you want to feel like you're on a business trip & can't live without the free continental breakfast bar, there are several other traditional hotels down the road. This place is special.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank tabitha j

Thank you for the detailed, insightful review of your trip. We appreciate the praise as well as the suggestions. Our team puts on their game face when we have a large event to execute. Thank you for sharing your observations of how our operational staff handled the event. Most of all, thank you letting other travelers know that we are special.

Reviewed 3 April 2012

We went for a weekend and ended up having to stay in a suite cuz the hotel was packed. I regreted this decisioin all weekend. The most depressing part is that I read some reviews after I had already payed and discovered that for some reason rooms were very expensive that weekend (>300, when there were people who stayed there for 90 dls a night!). Anyway, let me share my experience. First of all, the lady at the front desk said she did not know if they could get a crib for my 3 month old! They did end up getting the crib. She explained where our room was and messed up; she sent us to another building, and there I go with my luggage and stroller looking for the correct one which was two buildings away. I did not even recieve an apology and they still charged the resort fee. The rooms look nice from a distance, but if you look closely you will see stains on the sofas and carpet. And don't get me started with the rest of the hotel. Look at the pictures of the elevators (falling apart), as they are representative of how old and decrepit the hotel is. I also had an issue with the noise.I guess they sent me to the end of the hall because I had a baby, but this meant I heard a loud thump every time anybody used the stairs because the door would shut closed behind them. I admit I did not try the pool or the restaurants. Despite what it says in the title, I would probably not consider staying here again no matter how much it cost.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 April 2012

we went here to celebrate my husband's 50th birthday. We had an awesome room, though pricey, it was perfect. Staff was very helpful, food was good. The pool area was lots of fun, with a variety of all ages. There were people celebrating their 21st birthdays, bachalorette parties, and families. The pool seating is limited, and if you leave you chair for 30 minutes, it's gone. that part was difficult. We went to eat on site and came back to no chairs.Our room was very clean and updated nicely. We had friends there, kids of all ages, and everyone had a great time!

Room Tip: everything is pretty close, so it is hard to get a bad room, unless you are looking at a parking lot...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 April 2012

For the second year in a row we chose to stay at the famous Riviera Hotel and Resort in Palm Springs, CA. The food in the restaurant is top notch - best meals in a long time at any restaurant. Pool, lighting and fires around the sitting areas is really unique. I recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a super holiday in Palm Springs.
Save your pennies to experience the great food as it is tres cher but very good.

Room Tip: We recommend you book in Building 6 outer rooms - the suites have great tubs in them for soaking and...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple