“Food has gone WAY downhill”
Review of Tropicale

Tropicale
Reserve with OpenTable
Tropicale is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 342 Restaurants in Palm Springs
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Encilia
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I have now given this restaurant my last benefit of the doubt. The food has gone consistently downhill and is now a waist of money. Too bad because this was at one time a Palm Springs tradition. I’d highly recommend skipping it!

1  Thank Middle-aged-man45
Write a ReviewReviews (1,092)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have been to Tropicale many times. The key here is the people. The food is great, especially sushi Sundays, but it's always the service staff that keeps me coming back.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We LOVED this place! The atmosphere was fun and energized, the service was great and the food was fabulous! So glad we chose this for our last night in PS. Wish we'd planned ahead and made a reservation for the patio which looked really fun. We sat at a bar table and still had a great experience.

1  Thank Marilyn1964
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

What isn't to love on this shaded patio that serves Sangria in a glass almost as big as my head!? I had huevos rancheros to accompany my drink. Our server was delightful and even had places she suggested we try. This spot is a favorite so make reservations!

1  Thank Laura_Kayaks
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Been coming here since day 1, I think for 10 years. My wife wife and my “go to” Sunday night dinner place when we’re in Palm Springs. We arrive around 7:00 pm. Sit at the bar as usual. All of a sudden the lights are dimmed to almost pitch black at the bar. The guy who turned down the lights turns them up a tiny bit.

It’s a joke. You can’t read the menu. You can’t see the food. (Excellent by the way as usual) The bartenders can barely see the tickets to prepare drinks. They have no idea if you need another drink because they can’t see. You mention something to them, and they are scared to tell management. We asked for a manager. She comes over and politely explains how the owners want it dark. No candles at the bar. The hard working bussers have no idea if your finished since they can’t see.

Never ran into this problem before. It’s a total turn off. Never was like this ever.