“A great option for great sushi”

Gold Fish Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 234 Restaurants in Palmdale
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed September 13, 2017

The atmosphere is always great. This place is typically really busy so a wait for a seat is normal. The service and food is always good and quick here.

Date of visit: September 2017

Reviewed August 25, 2017 via mobile

I wanted some sushi,and I found this place pretty quick before closing.the host was kinda irritated because I wanted a table not by the bar area,because is small place .she didn't have to show creppy face to customer!!! Maybe she had ,bad day ! But still don't show to customers.Just respect the customer ,and if something don't like it,ask a manager how to do.the food it's really good but first impression make you leave when you see this kinda of service .

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed April 9, 2017

Okay, I like sushi and sashimi and was told this was one of the best places in our area. We arrived on a Saturday thinking we were early for dinner, but HA! they had a full house going and a good number of people standing outside waiting. But they said about 20 minutes so we decided to wait. Once inside, we got seated at the sushi bar and not one of the dining tables. Okay, I will sit at the counter in any place if I can get my food, no worries. And sometimes you get a show. But we got the corner spot so no window to see the sushi chefs creating their art. We got an ordinary menu with lots of pictures, and then a sheet of paper with check boxes and a pencil. So wait. what do I do with this? The gents on my right school me on the paper. Oh, so I take my own order and hand it up to the chef. Okay, we start looking at it and the menu with the pictures. So the sushi guy asks if we want edemame, but we don't like those so we said no. Well, if you want your ginger and wasabi, say so because we didn't get any after saying no to the soy beans. Second clue I needed a mentor. They had so many things that I never heard of. I'll be going back to try more new stuff, but I found the halibut sushi to be a bit rubbery, not quite to my liking and my husband tried the urchin, which turned out to be something he won't order again, but having the chance to try new things is fantastic. We had two rolls and a few other sushi items. The couple to our left had a beautiful plate of sashimi which I would like to try next visit. And I will be sure to grab a photo of that. We also want to mention the strange little sign that got our attention: if you are paying by a card that has a chip, they ask you to write your tip amount on the bill they present before they take your card for payment.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed March 10, 2017

I tried a roll as well as some regular sushi options and it was quite good. Fresh and rather quick. Seems to be a popular spot so it may vary during the day. It was a nice place, casual.

Not to be confused with the upscale Goldfish chain.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed February 14, 2017

The place for sushi in the AV, Great sushi, Good Saki, Great ambiance,The sushi is the freshest in the AV

Date of visit: February 2017