“Charming lunch spot”

Ranked #178 of 378 Restaurants in Palo Alto
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Reviewed February 12, 2017 via mobile

Lunch with friends. I've been here a few times before. I love their chicken oriental salad but this time, we split and cranberry/turkey/cream cheese sandwich (not too special) and a grown up grilled cheese sandwich that had bacon and apple slices on it. Choice of fries or salad. The salad was basically ice burg lettuce so I'd skip that next time. The prices for lunch salads and sandwiches tend to be in the $10-17 range and they also have wonderful lasagna and other hot dishes too. Good place to eat!

Reviewed November 8, 2016

Soup and salad. Nothing fancy but very good. Local joint, no wait seating, easy parking. Good choice.

Reviewed July 19, 2016 via mobile

I have been here a few times before with friends and had excellent lasagna and excellent Chinese chicken salad. Today, I came in with my BFF and we decided to split two dishes. We ordered a grilled cheese sandwich with white cheddar cheese, bacon and sliced apples. It came with French fries. Our other dish was a pear salad with cranberries, goat cheese and candied pecans. In must say both dishes were absolutely outstanding. The restaurant is opened from 11:30-2:00 and then later for dinner. They have a huge selection of wines. The wait staff was very good. I will be back again soon and others should try t too!!

Reviewed June 8, 2016 via mobile

I've had some good meals at Mike's but mostly below average. Tonight I ordered the fish "special". The tilapia was dry and burned on the bottom and covered in a sauce that was too heavy for such a delicate fish. The garlic mashed potatoes were too salty and the string beans, while beautifully green, had a stale freezer taste. I can not recommend this place.

Reviewed May 21, 2016

We like little neighborhood places, this one in a part of Palo Alto not fully absorbed by the tech-swirl nearby. Ignore the inside decor, the large TV, the less than easy restroom access; focus instead on the charming murals on the outside wall, the varued and interesting menu, and the warm welcoming service. My wife's ravioli was excellent; my seasoned salmon was unusual and good, and we had a relaxing enjoyable dinner. And, judging by the growing numbers as we left, so did others. Hope the push for BigNess nearby allows Mike's to continue there.