“Best fries ever? ”
Review of Les Bizous

Les Bizous
Ranked #138 of 387 Restaurants in Palo Alto
Reviewed August 24, 2017 via mobile

We went for dinner last night to this restaurant. We just walked along University street finding a place to eat at around 9pm on a Wednesday evening. Although this restaurant was entirely empty we decided to go because it looked good and we saw good reviews on TripAdvisor. We did not regret our decision. We enjoyed our food and the service was OK. We had oysters, calamari, tuna tartare and fillet mignon amongst other dishes and liked them all. And I thought the fries were excellent, lots of garlic in it. It was also very good value for money. I don't know any other restaurant on this street (there are many), but I can recommend this one.

Reviewed July 10, 2017

I have been pleased with both dinner and lunch. The food is good and the service has been quite good and welcoming

Reviewed June 20, 2017 via mobile

The appetizers, salad and soup were just ok. Their sea bass was excellent though. It had a fantastic play of flavors. Will go back for their entree but not for their salads or appetizers.

Reviewed June 18, 2017

Well, we were just looking for a restaurant that serves seafood and fish and came across this place. It didn't look really appealing in terms of design and atmosphere but I was surprised by the food. It was really good and tasty. We had different dishes and all of them were up to the level.
A nice place to go for a casual lunch or dinner.

Reviewed May 27, 2017

My friend had a Groupon and invited me to dinner for which we used her deal for a lovely bottle of Pinot Noir though I thought it odd that it was served chilled. I like my reds even light ones at room temperature. I decided to order the 3 course prix fixe menu. My starter was a plate of six Fanny Bay oysters with red Tobiko and a spicy orange mignonette which was D E L I C I O U S and for which I would totally return with my husband because he would dig them too. And then I asked that they also serve my 3rd course--a cheese plate first. They obliged, and my friend and I shared a Roquefort, a firm chèvre, Manchego, red grapes, Fuji apple, and walnuts drizzled with honey to drink with our wine and eat our baguette (which was stale but I was starving and ate with lots of butter). For my main course, I ordered the Rocky Jr. Range Chicken with fresh herbs, a melange of vegetables like corn, carrots, bell peppers and snap peas, mashed potatoes and jus de poulet. It was good, just not exceptional. My friend just wanted the filet mignon with red wine sauce but wanted to substitute mashed potatoes for the roast potatoes and brussels sprouts with bacon for the haricots verts which seemed to trip the waitress who looked confused and said yes but that it would cost $4.00 more for the substitution to which my friend said okay but didn't really understand why. She wasn't happy with her steak as she expected it to be cooked sous vide or very tender with a nice crust as she had asked for it to be medium rare. It was medium and also there was a mustard sauce which was rather sharp and didn't pair well with the meat. My friend said she wouldn't come back, but I would return just for the oysters. I also didn't mind the cliched interior which didn't seem French at all with piped in Edith Piaf music warbling in the background. And I also could forgive the waitress paying more attention to the Silicon Valley clods at the table next to us rather than asking if we were enjoying our meal and if we needed anything else.