“Nice motel” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Country Inn

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Country Inn
Ranked #14 of 27 Hotels in Palo Alto
Quebec city
“Nice motel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2011

I had to go to Palo Alto for work and ended-up at the Country Inn since every other hotel was booked because of graduation week at Stanford. The room was ok although it had no AC. There was a very basic (and not very interesting) breakfast included with the room. They also have a very nice pool. The motel is not too far from Stanford and downtown Palo Alto. I definitely recommend it for travelers on a budget. Otherwise, it is ok if it is your only option.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2011

this is a very comfortable motel. It has a clean pool, clean rooms and basic coffee and muffins in the morning. The price is right, the staff is friendly and it's perfect considering you can pay way more for other hotels in this area. One word of advice, the air-conditioning doesn't always work or is very noisy. A downstairs room is naturally cooler.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank auburnwilly
Storm Lake
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2011

The motel is an older but immaculately kept up property. It has a clean heated pool and BBQ facilities and lounging chairs as well as regular tables around it. The pool is screened with fence and shrubbery and is far from the road. Our room was cozy and clean. The bed was comfortable and bedding was clean. There are rooms with kitchenette options available for $15 a night extra.
The management was professional, courteous and very helpful. I liked the roses and trees around hotel perimeter.
The traffic on El Camino Real was not audible at night, so we got a good night's rest.
This motel is very convenient for visiting our families and has many restaurants as well as grocery and other shops within walking distance. It is not far from San Antonio Mall. Jonathan and Danuta H.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Dadziunia
Palo Alto, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2011

This was close to good transit to Google campus. They had good fans instead of air conditioning. I especially appreciated their leadership in establishing a model that we should all live within.Low energy consumption. It was clean, quiet and had excellent wireless connection. The pool was very clean and quiet. The grounds were immaculate.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Utah
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2011

ROOM GONE! After making reservations 4 ½ MONTHS in advance for a 4 night stay for the Stanford graduation weekend and CONFIRMING again 5 days before our reservation date, John (the owner) said everything was fine. At about 9 PM, Friday June 10th and 30 minutes before our arrival, we called from our car to let him know we were almost there. To our shock John fumbled around for a moment and then said there had been an emergency, our room was unavailable due to construction, he was very sorry, but our room was unavailable and wasn’t ready. No motel owner in his or her right mind would be under construction during the busiest weekend of the year. All rooms in Palo Alto under $250.00 were booked months in advance. Most hotels had no rooms left regardless of the price. Where were we supposed to go now? He suggested the Aria next door. Luckily they had a suite left because it was more expensive than the other rooms. We took it anyway and were grateful we didn’t have to sleep in the car. We’re convinced he was impatient with our late arrival and gave our room to someone else. This was beyond thoughtless, inconsiderate and poor business practice; it was cruel.

Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank rlsr
Modesto, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2011

This property is a nicely landscaped one star motel. The rooms have garish lighting, queen size beds with the thinnest of pillows and low quality sheets and blankets and the walls are thin. All of these items would be forgivable if the front desk staff would have been the least bit helpful and responsive.

Allow me to explain further:

I stayed at the Country Inn Motel on January 11, 2011 for one night. The single room with a queen size bed cost $76 plus tax. After a very long day of work, I checked in at 10:30 PM to room 14 hoping to go strait to bed. The hotel front desk clerk explained that he was giving me a room that was in the middle of being painted but was clean. Indeed the the bathroom was 1/2 painted.

I went to bed at 10:45 PM. At 10:50 music and laughter began coming from the room next door (room 12). As time went on, the noise became louder. At 11:15 PM, I made the first of several calls to the front desk asking them to contact the occupants of room 12 and tell them to be quiet. I left several messages, nothing was done. At midnight, I took matters into my own hands and went next door and knocked on the door. I was shocked to find a group of unchaperoned teenagers having what appeared to be a party in the room. I asked them politely to turn off their music and be quiet. They turned off their music but continued to laugh and carry on in a loud manner. Needless to say I was not able to go to sleep until they went to sleep.

The next morning I went the front desk at 7:10 AM to check out. I explained the situation and asked why there was no response to my calls to the front desk. The front desk clerk said that she knew the kids in room 12, they were the children of a visiting instructor who was also staying in the motel. She informed me that the front desk does not answer the phone after 11:00 PM, therefore nothing could have been done. No apology. No offer of refund. Nothing.

This begs the question: What type of motel puts minor children in rooms that are not adjoining their parents? What type of motel is treats the customer who complains so rudely?

Like I said in the beginning of my review, the grounds are landscaped nicely. The rooms are basic. The costumer service was non existent.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Marie Jonathan
denver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2010

This motel was one of the places recommended on the accommodation list included in the Stanford alumni reunion invitation. I am glad I stayed here. Over the three nights I was here, two maids did a wonderful job keeping the room spick-span. Their towel origami was very impressive! Although the motel is on El Camino and I like open windows and a quiet night, traffic noise was minimal. The room included a Continental breakfast at the reception area and even offered fresh fruit. The motel comes with a swimming pool with long opening hours. It's less than a 10 minute drive to Stanford. A Walgreens is v. conveniently located just up the road. The staff was very efficient, accommodating and ensured that my stay was pleasant. I had originally reserved for two adults and a child and the receptionist was most flexible and changed my reservation to one person (and was most considerate in adjusting the room price to reflect a smaller room than I had originally booked). The room price is v. reasonable. If you like a soft mattress, you'll like the bed. I brought my laptop and the high speed Internet worked without a hitch. If you are attending your alumni reunion up the road and want an uncomplicated, pleasant place to stay, I suggest you consider reserving at the Country Inn motel. Thank you for a v. pleasant stay.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo