“Excellent food pleasant atmosphere”
Review of Pastis

Pastis
Ranked #19 of 387 Restaurants in Palo Alto
Cuisines: French, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 1, 2017

Visiting for dinner on a weekday, I had an absolutely excellent fillet mignon steak with a great glass of wine. Chocolate mousse as a desert was as good.

The atmosphere was pleasant and relaxed, and service was perfect. A really good experience, and I'd love to be back.

Reviewed August 14, 2017 via mobile

We had dinner in this restaurant. It has perfect food in a nice setting. If you want good French food, go hear.

Reviewed August 5, 2017 via mobile

A 10 out of 10 brunch! Benedicts are sheer perfection and the homemade bread and herb butter are delicious. We were delighted.

Reviewed June 6, 2017 via mobile

I have been going to Pastis regularly since it opened a few years ago. The food is delicious and the quality is constant. My favorites are the duck breast, the scallops, the nicoise salad and the tart tatin. It is a typical French bistrot where you feel welcome by the staff. It is not pretentious like you usually see in French restaurants in the US. As a French native, this is my place to go when I want some good French food.

2  Thank therealEulalie
Reviewed May 18, 2017

We've been to Pastis several times; its always great - they have a special of the day which is also good. They don't have many options for vegetarians but are obliging and will rustle up something. Their lunch menu is also good - but my personal favourite is their Sunday brunch. The brioche and the beignets are well worth the extra calories !