“Great Dinner”

Dinah's Poolside Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Dinah's Poolside Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 379 Restaurants in Palo Alto
Price range: US$8 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Description: Dinah’s Poolside Restaurant is a favorite for locals and hotel guests! Relax next to Dinah's Garden Hotel's pool and relish in the peaceful surroundings while you enjoy breakfast, lunch, happy hour with cocktails, and dinner. We have a fresh new menu that utilizes the “farm to table” approach and uses only the best cage free eggs, free range meat, & local and sustainable produce whenever possible. Come enjoy the new Dinah's Poolside Restaurant in a spectacular setting with a casual atmosphere and beautiful design; it is a wonderful escape from the hustle and bustle. For over 55 years we have been serving the Palo Alto area with great service, great food, and fresh squeezed orange juice daily! Come have some of your old favorites or try one of our new tasty items.
Reviewed January 27, 2016

Try this place, off the beaten path, not fancy, but the food and service are incredible. I'd like to see a better wine list, but that is my preference

Reviewed December 24, 2015

This place is always a sure bet for breakfast or brunch. The menu selection is wide enough to meet anyone's taste and the omelettes are delicious. Fall and spring mornings are particularly beautiful around the pool.

Reviewed December 11, 2015

Delicious! The food was exceptional as was the prompt, friendly service. The environment was clean but there was a tv with the sports channel on which was more casual than expected. We will definitely visit again!

Reviewed December 10, 2015

I grew up in Palo Alto (Cubberley H.S. '70 grad) and I try to return a couple times a year. Whenever possible, I try to get back to Dinah's . . . lots of memories here of Sunday morning breakfasts with my folks. I understand the ownership changed 3 years ago, but the food and service are still great and the furnishings have been upgraded. This is the best outdoor, relaxing poolside dining on the planet (indoors is fine too, but only an option if it's cold). This time, we got there at lunch time but were offered both the breakfast and lunch menus. I had the Caesar Salad with Chicken, my husband had the Reuben Sandwich and my daughter tried the Mexican A.M. (eggs, tortillas, black beans, cheddar cheese and avocado). All our meals were delicious! Highly recommend!

Reviewed October 18, 2015 via mobile

We stopped here to start a big day out on the road cruising through Santa Cruz mountain roads by motorcycle. We wanted a hearty meal. It was the perfect choice!
We were promptly seated and given menus. We chose to sit outside as the weather on that Sunday morning in mid October was sunny & mild. The waitstaff was pleasant & welcoming. There were several tempting options to choose from but we settled on corned beef hash & over easy eggs for him and scrambled eggs and biscuits w/bacon gravy for me. Both were delicious, cooked perfectly and ample portions. The corned beef hash was homemade, w/nice generous chunks of meat & potatoes and very tasty. My eggs were fluffy, just the way I like them, my biscuits & gravy consisted of yummy cheese biscuits and a thick & tasty country gravy with chunks of Canadian bacon throughout. My orange juice was hand squeezed and generously poured in a large glass. The only downside was that coffee ordered when we first sat down was slow to come. It was great coffee and we wanted more but although we asked (twice) and they acknowledged, it was never refilled. Perhaps they were rationing it that day...? Hard to say why so stingy with the coffee service. It wasn't THAT busy. But other than that one sour note, our experience was a pleasant one, with good food & adequate service. A nice hearty breakfast to start our big day on the road!