“Great Ice Cream”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: University Ave
Transit: VTA 35, Caltrain
Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

We stopped in for desert and the whole crew had ice cream, sundaes, and milk shakes. It’s an old diner and really fun. The ice cream was solid, but not incredible. It’s seen as the place to see in Palo Alto so expect it to be busy.

Reviewed July 9, 2018

Its not fancy and not California cuisine, but most of the menu is simple, straightforward food that is consistently well prepared.

Reviewed June 24, 2018

I was definitely disappointed in the quality of the food for the price charged. I know that Palo Alto can have higher prices but I felt like the quality at this restaurant didn't stand up to what we ate. I was especially disappointed when my credit card bill showed a fifty dollar overcharge.

Reviewed April 19, 2018

When you think about old fashioned soda shops, you're picturing this place. All of the decor and seating just like in the old days. But let's talk food. I ordered a Swiss and Mushroom Burger. To be good this one time, I chose salad instead of fries. Also a diet cola. My wife got a Veggie Burger, (of which there were two kinds). The salad was very pleasant with a nice dressing. The burger, cheese and mushrooms were great, but the bun was awful. Tall, thick and tasteless, just bulky baked carbs. And since there's an onsite bakery, I expect they made these themselves. The bun took all of the pleasure out of eating the sandwich. And since I'd skipped french fries, there was no alternative high point. Also, in the middle of my meal, someone swiped my tall soda glass from the table. There was still soda in it, so I sat there, startled. After a while, our waiter returned with a refill. When we got our check, they also delivered the check for the table across from ours. Sloppy! What a letdown.

Reviewed April 8, 2018 via mobile

Went here for my last meal before heading back to NY - so glad I came! Service was great and friendly. Had Huevos Rancheros and told them I was vegan so they gave me hash browns. Delicious and just the right amount of spicy. Was deciding on whether to get toast and the server recommended the cinnamon bun. Oh boy - save room as its decadently rich and puts all other cinnamon buns to shame. Would definitely tell you to enjoy breakfast/brunch there.