“Excellent fish!”

Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Our first restaurant has been a Palo Alto institution since its doors opened in 1976. With the brand new addition of an oyster bar, cocktail bar and lounge area, there are now even more ways to experience this unique restaurant. The expansive retail market remains a popular stop for local residents seeking to take home the finest in fresh fish.
Reviewed June 12, 2018 via mobile

This place has a great atmosphere. Fresh fish counter & extensive daily menu. We had a large party & had great service! Everything from the calamari & sushi to the fish tacos & grilled fish selection were fabulous. The only disappointment was that their highly recommended dish was sold out & the waiter didn’t know until half of our party had ordered it. Great dessert selection, as well!

Reviewed May 15, 2018 via mobile

The team had a meal here, everyone cleared thier plates and I heard no complaints. It was a great environment for the team to sit, chat, and relax.

I had the halibut and chips, it was cooked nicely with a great crunch and flavor.

Reviewed May 12, 2018 via mobile

This is a fairly traditional restaurant - large, with simple preparations and an extensive menu. I’ve passed it a million times, so I decided to stop for lunch. I ordered the shrimp Louie salad. The shrimp was very fresh, and the dressing good. I’ll admit I’m not a fan, though, os salads which you need to combine and dress yourself on a plate which barely fits the ingredients, but all ingredients were fresh.

Reviewed May 5, 2018 via mobile

They offer a number of selections from sushi and raw oysters to smoked, fried or grilled seafood, even some chicken. I have eaten here a number of times over the past years. I like the scallop ceviche for appetizer but oysters Rockefeller are great also. I usually opt for grilled fish such as ono, swordfish, halibut or salmon with sides of cherry tomatoes with basil, cole slaw or grilled veggies. Service is usually good but can be sluggish. One problem for me is the noise. It attracts a blue collar crowd to some degree and it can be very loud, not conducive to a nice dining. Parking is also insufficient.

Reviewed April 30, 2018

Our favorite restaurant as the selection of fresh fish choices is always excellent and the preparation very well executed. The mounds of fresh sour dough bread is a treat.