“Best of Downtown Palo Alto”

Zola French Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Zola French Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 379 Restaurants in Palo Alto
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 21, 2015

Excellent pate & presentation of French-California cuisine, including the duck breast (pricey, but good), beef ribs, and flounder main courses. Servers were (mostly) attentive, especially our main waiter. Tables a little too close for comfort, which makes overhearing other diners inevitable. Still, you get into some pretty interesting conversations...

Reviewed September 6, 2015

Invited by Bay Area friend to this bistro for dinner. Place is small and limited table seating indoors. Good selection of starters and soup. Seafood wasn't too bad, although portions is small.

1  Thank Szewee1968
Reviewed August 21, 2015

Terrific food, snazzy decor - well worth a stop. Our waiter was wonderful: friendly and knowledgeable. We were so impressed that they are having a Haydn evening this month. Yay!

Reviewed August 17, 2015

I can't say anything particular bad about Zola... but I had definitely hoped for more. The food was competently prepared, but nothing was exceptional, nor was the presentation very exciting. Plus, it was loud, which detracted from my plans for a romantic evening.

Reviewed August 7, 2015

I was on time for my 8:30pm reservation via Open Table. I was told that my table is being set .... I patiently waited outside on the pavement and checked every 10 minutes or so since there really is no place to wait outside ... After 30 minutes my table still wasn't ready and I was told "oh we can't ask our other guests to leave because of you." ... Oh wow - I thought my table was being set??? - I asked to speak with the manager - and got more of the same uncaring, discourteous behavior - no smiles, no apologies. The manager wisely came up with the excuse "oh your friend just arrived so your party wasn't ready" - I was never told at any point that I would be seated only when the full party was there ... I could have gone to some other restaurant or cafe in that case. Perhaps you don't have the bandwidth to take Open Table guests - but please have the courtesy to a) not lie (my table was not being set for 30 minutes) - b) be respectful of people's time and if the wait is going to be longer than expected please give a heads up so that guests can make a choice to wait or go to one of the other places on University Avenue - c) Be mindful that you are in a service industry - your chef may be brilliant but the disrespectful attitude that I was subject to today is unacceptable in a place like Palo Alto where there's so many choices ...

4  Thank Sen