“Amazing appetizers and main courses”

Zola French Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Zola French Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 388 Restaurants in Palo Alto
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 2, 2017

I went there last night with some friends, the food is authentic. For appetizers, we tried their terrine and salmon rillettes and it tasted like a dish you could get in France. As my main course, I went with the chicken and it was cooked perfectly. I had simple but yet so well executed flavors. From the bacon to the mushrooms and the crispy skin of the chicken, it was delicious and the portion size was just perfect.
As a French person, I love French desserts and while the creme caramel was good, it was really simple and I always expect more from desserts at a French restaurant than anywhere else. But again, food was delicious overall. I would just recommend more variety in the desserts.

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed June 1, 2017 via mobile

I really enjoyed my meal at Zola. I was in Palo Alto on business and we decided to try this small French restaurant. The food was French bistro food, executed beautifully. Quality ingredients.
In particular, the steak with pepper sauce was perfectly cooked and really delicious.
The service was also very good; allowing us all to enjoy catching up without being rushed.
I'd definitely return!

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed May 1, 2017

Very small place. Service was excellent. Food was excellent (soup, flounder, and short ribs were favorites). Our first time and it will not be the last.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed March 19, 2017

The food is seductive and seasonal, classics done with a contemporary, assured hand. Great starters, irresistible plats de resistance.My fish with morel vinaigrette was perfection, the pork chop with hint of mustard delicious. I actively dislike fruit desserts of any kind but was persuaded to taste a fruit salad, to my mind the weakest excuse for a dessert. OMG, it was brilliant! Don't have the words to describe it. Wine list is varied and reasonable. Service excellent. Vibe low-key and very comfortable. Noise level fine. We'll go back every time we are in the area. As Michelin would note: worth a detour, worth a trip.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed March 18, 2017

I returned to Zola with some friends after not having eaten there for at least a year. It remains a consistent restaurant. The menu is well chosen and varied and the food is well prepared if not really exciting. One item that we had and is not found in many places in the Bay Area was roasted bone marrow, a marrow bone, split lengthwise and topped with very carmelized black garlic that tasted like crispy onion bits, served with thin toasts. It is a rich starter. I also enjoyed a grilled pork chop with cabbage and potatoes dauphine. A spice cake with a mouse of cream cheese was delicious. Others had a tasty vegetable risotto, and a veal steak. The wine list, as before, is limited but well chosen and fairly priced.

Date of visit: March 2017