All reviewsciboattached restaurantcreek runningel caminoshuttle serviceconvenience storelip balmcomplimentary winewithin milesbeautiful groundsquiet locationstanford universityfree shuttleparking loton site restaurantthe palo alto areabottled water
Reviewed July 12, 2018 via mobile

I’m curious why this place has good ratings since I can’t pinpoint anything that’s particularly nice about this hotel. My boyfriend and I stayed here for 2 nights. Honestly, the hotel is not fancy. It is a plain and basic remodeled from an old motel.
However, the service, rather than the facility, was the unpleasant part of our stay.
That said, some of the staff was nice, but overall, the place is disappointing.
Upon arriving we asked about the sign that said there was a daily wine reception and were referred to the on-site restaurant. We walked in and the two staff members were taking to each other with their backs turned to us. We asked for assistance and they told us they didn’t usually help hotel guests and told us to ask the front desk. We did and were given little pieces of paper to return to the restaurant. Back in the restaurant the staff was rude again. They led us to a back bar where a private party was indicated by a small paper sign. They gave us about 2 ounces of cheap wine in plastic Dixie cups. And they were pretty unpleasant about it again, which seemed odd to me since we had been polite. Disappointing. What did we do to you?
Once we checked out 2 days later. I realized I left some clothes in a drawer. My bad, but I called the next day and I knew the exact drawer. I was told I would get a call back. No call back. I called 4 more times over the next 6 days. I was told each time I would get a call back. No call back ever. Yesterday my boyfriend called and asked why they were “not respecting his girlfriend.” It had to come to that?! Anyway, they called me back (8 days and 5 calls later) to say that they couldn’t recover my things. I guess it could be considered comical. But it’s not that funny.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Luis C, Manager at Creekside Inn - A Greystone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2018

Dear Jessica,

We apologize for all the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. We assure you that your feedback is very important to us and will be used to improve our hotel. We have communicated your experience with Cibo Restaurant to the restaurant manager to avoid this from re-occurring. Our goal here at Creekside Inn is to provide an exceptional experience for all our guests, and we're very sorry this did not happen. We are working with all staff to improve our lost and found method, so it does not take five phone calls to get an answer. We are glad that we were able to mail you what you were looking for at the end. We hope your week is going well and we truly appreciate your time.

Reviewed July 12, 2018

When I come to Palo Alto for work, I often stay at the Creekside Inn. It's great for extended stays — convenient location, on-site convenience store, deli, and restaurant. Comfortable rooms with nice patios.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed July 10, 2018

We booked our stay at Creekside for our daughter's wedding at Stanford.
The process was so simple, our daughter put Creekside as a recommendation for others wedding guests.
We spoke with Christine when we arrived. We were able to check in a little early, were give an upgraded room and were well taken care of. Christine rocks!
Our room was in bldg G, 229. This was a verrrry nice and spacious room. Clean, neat and classy.
Each time we entered the lobby, we were greeted warmly.
Creekside is very accomodating and a real value for the peninsula.
Book this place!

Room Tip: We had 10 members of our party book at Creekside. All had nice rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Luis C, General Manager at Creekside Inn - A Greystone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2018

Dear Jeffngirlz,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Creekside Inn for a very special event. We are delighted to see how much you enjoyed your room and how much our team made you feel welcome. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback on Trip Advisor and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed July 10, 2018 via mobile

The property is beautiful, the staff is welcoming, the housekeepers are excellent and there is plenty of parking!
Just walking around the property was fun. They are located in walking distance to restaurants and stores.
We will stay there again!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Judihiggins,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay at Creekside Inn. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your positive feedback on Trip Advisor and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

I had such an amazing stay at Creekside Inn. I made a small mistake with my reservation but the staff was so accommodating and very nice, they really helped me out. The property is beautiful too! All the rooms look out to the garden and bridge, it’s really picturesque. The room was very clean and the bathroom was updated and modern. Wish I was staying longer!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Luis C, General Manager at Creekside Inn - A Greystone Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2018

Dear Hayley,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Creekside Inn during your trip to Palo Alto. We appreciate you taking the time to share your positive on TripAdvisor regards to our staff and property. We hope your week is going well and we look forward to welcoming you back next time you visit the Silicon Valley.