All reviews apple tv fire pit shower door large tv wifi connection outdoor patio full length mirror boutique hotel hotel room silicon valley el camino stanford university lobby amenities couch sheets cleanliness
Reviewed March 16, 2018

I have stayed at this hotel before; the location is its prime positive attribute. Due to being quite ill, I had to cancel a one-night stay. I gave the hotel 48 hours' notice. Regrettably, they are inflexible with their cancellation policy.

Hence, be sure you don't get ill, or have changes in your travel plans, or you'll be out the charge of one night's room rate and taxes.

Otherwise, the reviews of this hotel are mixed, which reflects the characteristics of what it is -- exterior access to all rooms (motel-like!), cold rooms and inadequate available bed linens. Probably most challenging is the staff's attitude that you're doing them a favor by staying there -- it's the Silicon Valley and you should be grateful you have a room in Palo Alto.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
MariamG18, General Manager at The Nest Palo Alto, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2018

Thank you for reaching out. We are incredibly sorry for the inconvenience caused to you due to our cancellation policy. We strive to give exceptional service every day, for every guest; I am very sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. We really hope you will give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed March 15, 2018

I stayed at the Nest for just 1 night to attend an all-day conference the following day. I didn't care that the coffee machine in my room was broken or that what is in effect a motel was marketed as a charming "boutique" hotel. All I wanted was a clean place to sleep for the night so I could attend the conference on Friday, with plans to depart that evening.

I left my suitcase with the front desk and informed them I would return later to pick it up before heading to the airport. When I returned to the hotel after the conference, I was informed it was missing. It was then discovered that it had been mixed up with another guest's bag (interesting since my bag was bright and multicolored, and the other guest's bag was black), and that the guest had already left and they had no way of contacting them.

I had to leave for the airport to get my flight, so I departed without my bag. Upon arriving at the airport I received a call informing me the other guest had been located with my bag. I asked the hotel manager to overnight me the bag because I had to leave on another business trip a few days later and the suitcase contained all my business clothes. They promised they would, and then didn't. It was sent via regular FedEx so I didn't receive my suitcase in time.

I have stayed at Econo lodges with better security practices and customer service. Stay away.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank ekrobuck

We are incredibly sorry about the mistake we made with your bag. I will personally make sure new processes are created in order to keep this from happening again. We will also use your feedback as a training tool for our staff. Again, we are deeply sorry and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed February 11, 2018 via mobile

Location wise there isnt anything showing for it. Nearest restaurant or coffee shop is 10 min driving.

Rooms are small but contemporary. Beds are mediocre, the sheets are papier thin and we had to use our own sleeping bags to get warm. They Dont provide proper duvets/comforters. They only provide 2 towels. Bathroom small but clean, shower ok.

They provide Apple tv but I had to call with Apple support (they own this motel) for 15 minutes to get it working (they had to reset the system).

Breakfast $5 was really good. Wine or beer at the bar extremely expensive (they tried to sell a regular Glass of whine for $25). Parking was free. They have been smart to put a multiple nozzle water cascade on the parking lot to override the traffic noise from the road.

All in all ok but too expensive ($135) for what it is, namely a motel instead of a hotel

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
MariamG18, General Manager at The Nest Palo Alto, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2018

Thank you for reaching out. We deeply appreciate the detailed feedback on your stay and will look into improving our beds, Apple TV reliability, and value. We are very sorry for any inconveniences you experienced and hope to welcome you back soon. We will be sure to give you the quality of service you deserve.

Reviewed February 4, 2018

My daughter and I stayed here after an event at Stanford University. The beds are comfortable, the bathrooms are clean and the decor is stylish. Best of all is the lobby/bar with walls that open to an outdoor seating area complete with waterfall and fire features. Wine, beer and soft drinks are available in the lobby/bar, and one of the highlights of our stay was enjoying a beverage by the fire while reading our books.

We will be making The Nest our home when visiting Palo Alto.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
MariamG18, General Manager at The Nest Palo Alto, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2018

Thank you for connecting with us. We are honored you chose our hotel and thrilled we were able to offer you our premium accommodations. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 31, 2018

My wife and I had to be in Palo Alto for a minor surgical procedure and we chose The Nest in order to be available for the procedure and follow up visit. What a very lovely place. Cleanliness is the word which comes to mind. The night manager, Alan, and the assistant general manager, Sarah Romero, were particularly helpful and attentive to our needs. Thanks so much for making our experience a positive one.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
MariamG18, General Manager at The Nest Palo Alto, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2018

Thank you for connecting with us. We are thrilled you chose our hotel while you were in town for surgery. It is wonderful to hear our staff could accommodate you during this time and we will be sure to pass on the kind words. It was an honor having you and we hope to welcome you back, soon.