See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 20, 2011

I was invited over to this property when my grandparents were staying here for my graduation. It is just you're typical Motel 6. No bells and whistles, just the basics you would expect- 2 king sized beds, air conditioner, desk, and televisions. There is also windows facing the parking lot and pool. It was way to cold to use the pool. They also raised the price due to Stanford Graduation. It is the only local hotel that accepts dogs (The glass-slipper does too, but they charge for it), which is helpful.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank PlaceLover10
Reviewed April 6, 2011

This motel 6 is located on el camino real, a short walking distance to CVS pharmacy, San Antonio Shopping Center (Sears, Walmart, Trader Joe's and many more!), and Stanford Shopping center (a short drive away with all the major department stores). Enjoy the bowling alley right next door at night. A friendly and knowledgeable staff will take care of your every need- even if you decide to extend your stay the next morning!

• Stayed: February 2011
1  Thank piano88
Reviewed June 18, 2010

I came from Europe for three weeks in Stanford and stayed all the time in Motel 6. Fot quite modest price (~ 55 $ without tax), you don't get any equipment (fridge or cooker) but otherwise I had no problem. Room was big and clean, service daily. You can do your laundry in coin-operated washmachine and dryer, you get reasonably fast wi-fi internet for 3 $ a day, personnel is friendly and helpful. I got room by El Camino Road which was quite noisy but I don't have problems with sleep in noise - if you do, you should probably mention to get a room further from the highway in your reservation.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed October 11, 2008

Every year my grandparents come and visit my family. While there was summer left, they invited us to come swim on a cool morning. Me and my siblings went with my granny to the Motel 6 where there was friendly staff. The room was on the 3rd floor. The room smelled funny because of dog food and stains on the carpet (Motel 6's I have been to in the past has allowed pets) . The rooms were tiny and did not have any balconies. No big deal. The pool area and water was clean, but they do not heat the water. (Go figure! Its a cheap motel) If you are allergic to pets and are not used to cold pool water in the morning, disturbed by people smoking cigarettes, Then do not stay here. Above all, Its a basic hotel for a great price. I would like to visit this site next year. :-)

• Stayed: August 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 5, 2008

We were excited to stay here for a couple of nights because our apartment was being fumigated for termites. We wanted an enjoyable few nights from a second point of view in Palo Alto. What we discovered, however, changed our lives. For the better!

When I arrived at the Motel 6, I was greeted at the door by a motley bunch of ragamuffins who were smoking cheap cigarrettes. The room is spacious and clean, its spaciousness augmented by the spartan wall adornments, but with the peculiar scent and feel of having been dirty in its earlier days. Stuck in his little office, the front desk agent (Binod) was idle all night and when I went to go see him about the WiFi access he was almost too excited to talk to another human being. And here's a juicy tidbit: the king-size bed is actually two twin beds conjoined.

All in all an enjoyable and friendly experience. Boy the price was right!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank johnjohnjohnjohn69