All reviews front desk cabana room shuttle service business trip el camino silicon valley first floor self parking hotel restaurant san francisco stanford university beatles luisa marcos cy brunch conference
Reviewed July 4, 2016

Much better choices available for the same money. They don't allow check in until 3 PM, even when they claim there are no rooms available. They allowed me and two other guests to sit in the lobby for over one hour until housekeeping allegedly completed rooms. Magically, at exactly 2:59 PM, three reams became available that we could check into. The air-conditioning is not adequate and does not work. My room was very hot and even after engineering came to work on it, there was nothing they could do. I had prepaid for two nights, but only stayed one night because that was all that was bearable.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Sean W, Manager at Crowne Plaza Palo Alto, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2016

We appreciate you for sharing your experience with us about your stay. We apologize that some of it was frustrating for you. Our guarantee check in time of 3pm is set to ensure that housekeeping has had to opportunity to thoroughly clean all room types. When possible, we will extend an early check-in time if the room type requested is available. Your comment about the A/C has been shared with our engineering department. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed June 30, 2016

Stayed for a week during a business trip.
Room is quit big, but dark - not enough lightning. Comfortable bed, acceptable bathroom. AC unit is quite noisy. Good pool and hot tub - although it won't harm to clean them more often.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business

We appreciate you for sharing your experience with us. Your comments about the room have been shared with our team. Glad to hear you enjoyed the pool. Thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed June 29, 2016

A beautiful hotel with great hospitality! We were greeted at the front desk by Gabriel and Dylan, both of whom happily answered a long list of questions we had, helped us to book the (free!) hotel shuttle for the next few days and told us some great tips about the hotel (a tour of the Beatles room, which we weren't able to do). Hotel slippers were super soft, the bed perfectly comfy and the decor very modern and clean. The lobby had coffee in the morning and flavored water in the afternoon overall lending itself to a nice experience. Fitness room and sauna also looked new. Being a new IHG member, I was also welcomed to my stay with a letter from the hotel manager, Phuong, which I found to be a thoughtful and considerate touch. Overall, wonderful experience!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple

experience
Wow, thank you for sharing your experience with us about your stay. We are thrilled you were able to enjoy the many amenities of the hotel. Thank you for recognizing the Front Desk team for being friendly and helpful, your comments have been shared with them. Thank you again for staying with us and welcome to the IHG family!

Reviewed June 26, 2016 via mobile

Great location near the university. Spacious room with batheobe and slippers. Empty refeigerator. Big pool. Visit it at opening before kids come. Nice jacuzzi. Great windowproofing for poolside rms. Fabulous breakfast. Free wifi. Reasonable price. Would stay again.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Sean W, Manager at Crowne Plaza Palo Alto, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2016

Wow, thank you so much for sharing your experience with us about your stay. We are happy to know that you were able to enjoy the many amenities of the hotel from the Jacuzzi to our fabulous breakfast. Thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 26, 2016

We were in Palo Alto for Stanford graduation and after staying the first night at the Westin we needed to go to the Crown Plaza due to then Westin being fully booked. I am a spire elite for IHG which is their highest level. I called the crown Plaza and the reservation service. There were no rooms large enough for 2 adults and 4 kids so we reserved 2 rooms. We arrived there and were given 2 rooms in the back of the hotel complex. I was given no upgrade as is standard when rooms are available. I asked if there was service at the pool and was told yes. But there was no service there. I asked for late check out and was told they could only do it until 1 PM. I then asked about paying half day rate to check out later as we needed to stay into the afternoon. They then stated if I paid 1/2 day rate we could stay until 5 PM but 1 minute later and we would be charged for a full day. Out of curiosity I went online and checked reservations. There were rooms available in all classes from basic rooms, club level rooms to suites and multiple rooms in all classes. This would mean there is no reason for such a restrictive policy on late check out. Also coming from the Westin that was full and I am only a Gold status there I was given late check out to 5 PM with no extra fees. Considering the hotel was nothing special and even during Stanford Graduation weekend there were plenty of rooms and they still treat their top level IHG point people this way was very unacceptable. I hate to think how I would be treated if I was just someone staying here. We checked out at 5 PM and we will not stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We apologize that so much of it was frustrating for you. The pool side rooms with double beds are an upgrade from our standard room type and these are our only upgraded room type with double beds. As for late check-outs, we are able to extend a stay until 1pm and when possible, extending the check-out time even later depending on occupancy. Unfortunately, on this Sunday we were nearly sold out. Thank you for staying with us, and we are sorry that your stay was not more pleasant.