“you'd better be really hungry”
Review of Bill's Cafe

Bill's Cafe
Ranked #110 of 387 Restaurants in Palo Alto
Reviewed January 4, 2018

This place opened up a couple years ago after the long demise of Fandango pizza... never understood how that place lasted so long, but I finally gave Bill's a try. Luckily it was a weekday morning, because I have seen people waiting around the block on the weekends. Would never waste my time waiting to eat breakfast, - it is not that hard to fry an egg or make french toast after all! I ordered the yogurt and fruit, which was kind of pricey, and because we were going to be pretty busy moving my son that day, decided I'd better get something else so I wouldn't start getting hungry in the middle of moving, so I ordered half an order of pancakes and bacon. What a mistake! I have never seen such a nice presentation of fruit and yogurt eating out before, there must have been half a cup of walnuts on the yogurt. It was well worth the price, and as good as mine, which is a compliment to anyone. I had absolutely no need for the pancakes and bacon, but there they were, so I ate as much as I could. If I came back here hungry for pancakes I would probably get half the order, cause it was more than plenty. The people are very very nice - unusual for Palo Alto which has become less friendly and full of stressed and obnoxious people over the last ten or fifteen years. Bill's is a fantastic addition to this little city and I hope they stay in business a long time! Thanks for fueling me up with good food.

Reviewed November 26, 2017 via mobile

We had the veggie scrambler and eggs benedict. Both very good. Quick service. Friendly staff. Easy to find parking.

Reviewed November 17, 2017

We were shopping nearby and asked for an easy lunch recommendation, and were referred to Bill's Cafe. Menu, seating booths, and customer service are the typical American diner style, and it was very relaxing. Nicely built or remodeled, with super friendly staff. Food is not gourmet in any way, but portions are big. That was going top be our main meal of the day, due to travel, and it was just what we needed.

Reviewed November 15, 2017

Bill’s in Palo Alto is open ONLY for breakfast and lunch. I have eaten there for both.

The Frisco Burger was excellent – burger with cheese and Thousand Island dressing.

One time I ordered the lox and bagels with eggs – I thought it sounded good and separate. They brought it as a mix of eggs and lox. That was not what I desired. The menu was unclear.

Another time I ordered the BLT sandwich and it was mediocre at best. Avoid it.

On one occasion the waitress was attentive. But on another occasion she was not at all attentive. I asked for a coffee refill but it never came. And I asked to pay the bill because I was in a rush for a dental appointment. The waitress did not come with the bill for 10 minutes and that is absolutely unacceptable.

There is plenty of off street parking and there is outside seating.

Reviewed October 23, 2017 via mobile

Roberto made a great diner even better. Great omlettes, good coffee, great service. Well priced. Parking readily available. Cannot say enough good things about it.