“Doesn't disappoint”
Review of Roy's Restaurant

Roy's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Roy's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 788 Restaurants in Pasadena
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: North El Molino Avenue
Transit: Located in front of our restaurant on Colorado Blvd.
Description: Blending classic techniques with adventurous Pacific Rim flavors, culinary pioneer Roy Yamaguchi created an entirely new approach to fine dining. The first Roy's opened in Honolulu in 1988 and we've spread our warm hospitality and passion for innovative and creative cuisine and beverage around the world ever since. Join us tonight in Pasadena, CA to discover the fresh ingredients and outstanding seafood, expertly prepared by our local chefs that made us famous.
Reviewed August 15, 2017

We were a group of 10 and all of us enjoyed our food. My kids loved the pasta and butter dishes we ordered. I had the Hand Carved Rustic Rub Crusted Ribeye, my wife had a salad, my mom had the butterfish, and my dad had the scallops. Everything disappeared from our plates. My sister and her family finished their plates too. Everything was so good. Even our appetizers were great. We brought a cake for my son's birthday and they still came out with a candled lime tart for him and ice cream over cookies for all the kids at the table. Wow! Great night. Great food. Great fun. Great service.

Reviewed August 5, 2017 via mobile

Athough quite expensive, one of the best places to taste really good fish in Pasadena center. I recommend the Butterfish and ahi poke as starter, perfect combination.

Reviewed July 30, 2017 via mobile

After enjoying the delightfully entertaining film - Lost in Paris there at the Laemelle, we were eager to try this restaurant.
The patio lit with the torches added to the ambiance.
We wanted to sit outside to enjoy the summer evening, but there began a cool breeze. The staff tried to light the heayers up but, it was not catching.
So we went inside.
We were seated at this booth where the light was extra bright.
The other booths and tables had smoother lighting.

We chose the:
Maui Wowie salad- came with butter lettuce, bits of greens,thin slices of tomatoes,tiny pieces of avacado & bits of shrimp. Tasty.
We split the braised ribs plate which is served with brocallini and mashed potatoes.
Very deliscious.
The lobster rolls were decent.

Karl was our server and very attentive!

Will return but will make reservations to not sit in the extra lighted booth.

Reviewed July 16, 2017

Several friends have recommended this Hawaiian Fusion Cuisine restaurant and so we went there to experience the food and atmosphere this June.
We ordered appetizers like Calamari, Vegetable with Sesame Seeds, Sweet Potato Fries and Lobster Pot stickers. For main courses we chose Grilled Filet Mignon and Butter Roasted Maine Lobster Tail, Steak with Asparagus, one of us ordered Burger Topped with Egg. The dishes were very delicious. But, we still could not resist to order some desserts: Melting Hot Chocolate Souffle, Tart Dessert, Mini Souffle, Mini Pineapple Cake and Mini Fruit Tart were outstanding!
We will definitely go back again to try other dishes.
The waiter and waitress were very attentive and polite. They recommended some dishes to us as well.
We noticed that it has a bar inside too.
The inside of the restaurant was decorated with beautiful paintings and artwork, giving us a lively Hawaiian atmosphere.
It has outside seating also if one would like to dine in the fresh air there and watch other people going by.

Reviewed July 13, 2017

So, as this is my go to restaurant for special occasions and fantastic food (and great service as well) and this night did not disappoint. My wife got the new tasting menu (4 course) and it was spectacular..... Ben, our waiter told us about the special going on of Halibut over Black rice and romanesco top with a lobster claw and knuckle meat which I ordered as it sounded amazing. Funny thing is that I was so into my wife's meal that when they brought mine, I did not even notice it had NO lobster on it...I ate the whole thing, it was delicious, and then a couple hours after we got home, I realized.... wait, mine was missing the lobster. Even with this omission, no complaints from us, as this was an awesome meal at a wonderful restaurant! Our thanks to Keith and his staff for making our anniversary dinner another memorable night at Roy's.