“Flavorful tacos”

Viva Tacos La Estrella
Ranked #284 of 793 Restaurants in Pasadena
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed June 24, 2017 via mobile

Cruise by and pick up some delicious tacos at this hole in the wall strip mall.

Service is a little slow, but it is easy to let the wait slide once you bite in.

I recommend the carnitas.

You get plent (your money's worth).

This is your 2am or on your way home from work stolboff food joint to get your taco fix. You can eat in or get it to go. I always get mine to go.

This is for the East Pasadena crowd. Right off the Altadena dr exit from the 210 fwy.....1 light south.

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed May 29, 2017

This tiny mexican food place has the best burritos and tacos. Open 24 hours all year long. I always get the Carne Asada Burrito and Carne Asada Soft Tacos. Perfect for that late night hunger.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed September 24, 2016

So after waiting 3 hours to get into the Rose Bowl then dancing and singing my heart out with Beyonce, for another few hours, and lastly over an hour to maneuver around Pasadena, I was starving and this was the place we went to. We made a stop at another popular Mexican food spot, but the line was over an hour. No thanks! So a Pasadena native brought me here.

This place was decent. I didn't have anything traditional. I had some nachos. The nachos were a HUGE portion. Totally a plate you can share. Nothing you can salvage for later so if get this dish, make sure you can either eat it all or you share it.

This seems like the late night spot to kill off the hunger ninjas that beat up your belly at night.
I would like to return for a more traditional dish to be able to share how authentic it is.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed April 10, 2016 via mobile

This place is so underrated. Anything you can order that has Asada in or on it should be tried at least once. The salsa roja is also great on top of Asada Fries.

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed February 2, 2016

I love this place...the tacos are really, really good, if not the best in Pasadena. I usually order the fish tacos, never dry, with a nice crisp batter. Their shrimp tacos are also delicious, and I love their taquitos as well. This place is in a little strip mall and has seating inside, so you can enjoy your food right there, unless of course you're just getting it to go. The staff is always friendly, the restaurant inside is very simple and basic but has a nice authentic feel to it.

Date of visit: January 2016