All reviews great location rose bowl within walking distance fair oaks memorial park parking garage self park nice lobby restaurants and shopping fire pit front desk staff starbucks coffee colorado blvd very nice stay the norton simon museum definitely stay here again quiet room
Reviewed July 25, 2015

This Hotel was clean and comfortable. In my opinion overpriced and an additional $17 parking. On top of that there is not even free coffee or breakfast in the lobby. I asked that night before if there was breakfast and coffee and the night attendant said yes. I assumed we were talking about included in the price of the hotel. The next morning my wife and I were rushing out to an appointment and just wanted to grab a cup of coffee and maybe some fruit to go or something. No free breakfast here. They did have overpriced breakfast in the lobby but not even free coffee for the guest. They suggested we go back to the room and make coffee there as that is no charge. The room was on the far end of the hotel and we had no time to go back. I was not happy with no coffee in the morning or the lack of empathy from the staff. You would thing for over $200 a night you would get a free cup of coffee.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Rick A
Courtyard_Pasadena, Director of Sales at Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2015

Thanks so much for the feedback good and bad.

Clean and comfortable is a very important start. Thank you for your recognition.

I do sincerely apologize if you felt other areas were short of your expectations or cost more than you expected.

I wish I had a good answer on parking, I don’t. Our pricing is slightly below market for Pasadena hotels. I went this weekend to Long Beach and saw $24.00 for overnight parking. Downtown Los Angles was $40 last time I checked. I wish we were the exception to most major cities, we just are not.

I also apologize if in any way we led you to believe we offer free coffee or breakfast. We honestly just do not.
Most major Hotels do not offer breakfast in their rates. For those that do offer packages which include breakfast, there is a price premium.
I can tell you that we do put real work into trying to price all items both reasonably and fairly. I am not sure every hotel can say that.

We are extremely appreciative that you did chose to stay with us and spend both your time and hard earned dollars.

Next time business or pleasure brings you to Pasadena it would be my pleasure to buy you a cup of coffee and discuss further.

Reviewed July 23, 2015

I always receive excellent service here, but I wish there was something a little more interesting to see out the window (maybe there is, but I always seem to get the gas station view). Next time I might ask for a courtyard view - likely quieter, too.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed July 22, 2015

I can not say enough about the location and being able to walk old town rather easily. The location made it easy to forget about the room seeming a little run down/dark compared to many other Courtyard's I've been to. The sink area was very small but the bathroom was larger than necessary. The sink did not drain well when the shower was running. The pipes under the sink looked like they had been patched multiple times. The air coming out of the air conditioner/vent seemed a bit stale/dank but we needed to keep it on to keep the air circulating. Our room faced the main strip so it was a bit loud with the occasional police/fire engine...Again...great location so need to focus on that.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Courtyard_Pasadena, Director of Sales at Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2015

So happy you enjoyed the location and all the great entertainment that is within easy walking distance.
Thank you so much for letting us know about your challenges with your guest room. We will have that room checked out right away.
Enjoy the rest of your summer.

Reviewed July 22, 2015

This hotel is very clos to Old Town. You could walk to a lot of places in Old Town. The parking is very easy, but there is a 17.00 dollar charge. The breakfast lobby is great and the food quality is above average. The only negative I found was the whole front desk help really were not attentive to me or my wife. They kind of couldn't care a bit.
The parking valet was the most helpful.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2015

Very convenient; located in the heart of Pasadena. Walking distance to Old downtown. Rooms are modern, comfortable, and clean... everything you'd expect from a Marriott! I enjoyed my stay here; its sooo comfy! Pricewise, it fluctuates due to demand & events in town. Breakfast is not included; they have a cafe/restaurant at the lobby you can purchase food from. Parking is not free either. They charge $17 for valet parking. If you drive around the block directly behind the hotel, you can park overnight for way less at the municipal parking (of course, they wont disclose that!). Its a multi-story parking building they share with the Courtyard. There's tons of metered street parking if you will park only for a few hours. Staff is courteous, pleasant, professional.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo