Vagabond Inn Executive Pasadena
Great 4.5/5
Gateway Villas(Pasadena)
Good 3.5/5
Average 3/5
All reviewscolorado blvdbagelscontinental breakfastroom was cleanfree wifipriced hotela great place to stayc unitrose bowlsouthern californiadesk clerkone night staythe breakfast areacomfortable stayrose paradefridge and microwaveeasy access
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 February 2012

When i arrived in Pasadena i didn't know what to expect, this was my first time in this town and i didn't want to pay the high prices of a major chain. i decided to try out this Vagabond Hotel.
When i arrived the desk clerk was very nice in telling me what was in the room i couldn't believe it for the price i was given. 42' flat screen, breakfast, free internet, heated pool. the next morning i wanted to thank the Manager for the wonderful stay i had. The managers name was Dave he was so nice to me he even offered to help me make my waffle for me. i must say the hotel is very clean, the room i had was big enough for me. it had great hot water. So the next time i'm in pasadena i will stay here again. i will tell my friends also who live in pasadena that this place is great.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank scott j
Reviewed 22 January 2012

smoking a cigarette near the door of the lobby and not even 20ft away. dave catain doesnt care whether there is a customer or not. yelling and cursing on the phone in front of customers. big no and will not return!!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank jae m
Reviewed 13 January 2012

Dave, the Manager was very accommodating; he went out of his way to make our stay (husband & our 4-legged son) a pleasant one.
On arrival, we asked to change our room location to be closer to our parking and at the same time ensuring that the room provided 2 queen beds. Dave immediately gave us four options which allowed us to make the best selection. When I requested that he accompanied us to see the room, I was 'pleasantly' surprised that he did. He returned to his office and then I called him that the refrigerator and the microwave were not working. Dave came 'again' to the rescue; he ensured us that everything was fully operational after inspecting all the cords and plugs. At approx. 2am, we needed an extra blanket, I called Dave and sure enough he showed up with a blanket even though housekeeping was closed.
This kind of service is exceptional and I give kudos to Dave for putting up with my numerous requests. The price is inexpensive when compared to what is provided free; free parking, free wi-fi service, free local calls, a refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, and a free deluxe breakfast which is available at 5:30am. I enjoyed the early breakfast; good coffee with waffles and bagels but there's a selection for everyone.
I selected this place because its pet-friendly and a close proximity to where my husband was attending business. I am pleased that we stayed here and sincerely recommend it to anyone who's looking for a good return for their money, and most importantly, for the quality of service that was provided by Dave, the Manager.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank taif_1224
Reviewed 1 January 2012

We were going to the Rose Parade to see our son march in the band. We called the hotel and agreed to pay the high price because he guaranteed a spot on Colorado BLVD and a shuttle near by to the game. BOTH WERE LIES - we had to stay up all night to reserve our spot - we had to WALK to the game. Breakfast was not very good - owner was snobby - he took advantage of us - because we were from out of state and trusted what he said! VERY disappointed - do not stay there - do not believe what they promise!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
dcatain1, Manager at Vagabond Inn Executive Pasadena, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2012

All Hotel customers for the Rose Parade did get seats on Colorado Blvd. The Hotel Employees where out all night monitoring all the customers seats to make sure everything was in order.
I'm very sorry that you did not get a seat but after checking our records your name did not appear.The Hotel does not offer and never offered free shuttle service to the Rose Parade Game
all customer where told to take the shuttle service that Parson provided. After checking our records for the Rose Parade weekend you did'nt even stay at this hotel.

Reviewed 29 December 2011

I recently stayed at the Vagabond Inn on a three night stint. All I can really say is this place is pretty awful. Every waking minute I spent in my room I was thinking about how I would never stay here again. First and foremost, I have no idea why this place is so highly rated on all the websites. It was the primary reason I booked the place (despite some hesitation) and can honestly say it was the first time tripadvisor has let me down.

Specifics: The hotel has obviously recently had a facelift but like all facelifts it is only skin deep. The best example is the smell. This place reeks of cigarettes and over-washed linen. While a fresh coat of paint may cover it up, the fact of stench is unavoidable. The bed was so-so and the sheets were stiff and uncomfortable. I did not care for the layout of the bathroom and the complimentary soap is of the kind that probably does more harm than good.

Location is also a disappointment as nothing worth seeing is within walking distance (although that is probably a general comment on LA...). About the only positive was the presence of a flat-screen TV, but who really cares? I haven't used a TV in a hotel room in years...

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business