Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
shilfiell
Rochester, New York

A wonderful and affordable option for travel!

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Feb 19, 2024
This small facility was sparkly clean, offered a hearty free breakfast, and was conveniently located near transit options. The room was spacious and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful always. The only drawbacks were the Housekeeping staff routinely switched out towels that could have been re-used, and neglected to leave fresh coffee packets and ice bucket liners each day. I do wish we could have opted in/out of housekeeping tasks to eliminate unnecessary water waste. The bed was comfortable but very squeaky: I woke up a few times due to the noise it made. Altogether I'd definitely stay here again, though. It's not fancy, but it makes a fine home base!
Date of stay: February 2024
Room Tip: Once back in your room for the night, check to be sure you have coffee for the morning - if not,...
Trip type: Travelled solo
    C$98
4.4 km from Pasadena Rose & Crown Hotel
Free parking
View more hotels in Pasadena
All reviews waffles daisy mint colorado blvd cal tech thai restaurant third floor free wifi a great place to stay i highly recommend this hotel waffle maker parking lot the general manager rose bowl nice breakfast fridge and microwave rose parade old town
Selected filters
Reviewed January 22, 2024

This is a very clean, functional motel located close to old town Pasadena. I felt safe in this motel as a solo traveler. The front desk staff were helpful. I was pleasantly surprised that housekeeping re-made my room and brought clean, dry towels for all 3 nights of my stay. I had a room on the back of the hotel that overlooked a quiet parking lot, and I could see the mountains in the distance. Walls are a bit thin but other guests were quiet. Excellent value. Keep in mind that the hotel lacks an exercise facility, and I did not see any good running routes nearby. The breakfast is fine but no food is available later in the day, other than from some outdated vending machines.

Room tip: Do not rely on the outdated vending machines to have much selection
Date of stay: January 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Guest Satisfaction Team, Owner at Pasadena Rose & Crown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2024

Dear Guest,

We're pleased to hear that you had an excellent value stay at the clean and functional motel near old town Pasadena. It's great that you felt safe as a solo traveler, and the helpful front desk staff added to your positive experience. The attention to housekeeping throughout your stay is commendable, and the quiet room with a view of the mountains contributed to a pleasant stay. We appreciate your feedback regarding the lack of an exercise facility and limited running routes nearby. Your comments are valuable, and we'll take them into consideration for future improvements. Thank you for sharing your experience, and we hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again in the future. Safe travels!

Pasadena Rose & Crown Hotel Management

P.S. Always book directly from our hotel website for discounted rates pasadenaroseandcrown.com.

Reviewed January 19, 2024

Newly renovated during Covid, the room (single king) was clean, modern, and crisply appointed. Good amount of comfortable space. I was at the hotel for two weeks, and really enjoyed my stay. Plenty of restaurants and things to do close by, and easy access to highways to get anywhere in LA area.

Date of stay: January 2024

Dear Guest,

We're thrilled to hear that you had an enjoyable and comfortable stay at the newly renovated hotel in Pasadena. It's great that the room was clean, modern, and well-appointed, providing ample comfortable space for your two-week stay. The convenient location near restaurants and easy access to highways added to the positive experience. If there are specific details you loved about your stay or if there are any suggestions for improvement, feel free to share. We appreciate your positive feedback and hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again in the future. Safe travels!

Pasadena Rose & Crown Hotel Management

P.S. Don't forget to book directly on pasadenaroseandcrown.com instead of Online Travel Agents and get the best deals and discounts.

Reviewed August 22, 2023

I had an amazing stay at the hotel. Staffs are friendly, especially David who gave me a warm welcome and provided outstanding customer service. Breakfast are delightful. The lobby is clean, especially the room is spotless. Also, the bed was so comfortable so I had a wonderful sleep even my room is located at the street view side. I enjoyed my stay and thank you. I will definitely come back again and recommend this hotel to my family and friends.

Date of stay: August 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Guest Satisfaction Team, Owner at Pasadena Rose & Crown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2023

Dear Ron,

You're very welcome! I'm delighted to hear that you had such a wonderful experience during your stay at the hotel. It's fantastic that the staff, especially David, made you feel welcome and provided exceptional customer service. It's also great to know that you enjoyed the breakfast, found the lobby clean, and appreciated the cleanliness of your room. A comfortable bed and a good night's sleep are essential components of a pleasant stay, so I'm glad that you had that as well. Thank you for your kind words, and I'm thrilled to hear that you'll be returning in the future and recommending the hotel to others. If you ever need any more assistance or have further feedback, feel free to reach out.

Pasadena Rose & Crown Hotel Management

PS: Book your stay directly on our official website pasadenaroseandcrown.com instead of online travel agents and get excellent deals and discounts!

Reviewed August 9, 2023

To all, I suggest you read my review and all the other reviews dating back to 2019/2020 across all online platforms prior to booking your stay here. Especially if you do not want to have the police called on you due to a pricing dispute and the manager, David not knowing how to interact properly with customers who have a dispute.

We booked our stay for this property for 3 nights in July. Before we paid online, we called the hotel and spoke to Chris and verified the rate was as shown online. He said it was accurate so we proceeded to book our stay. One note, the day before our arrival in Pasadena, we saw we were already billed for 1 nights stay.
We arrived at the hotel prior to check in and were advised we could leave our luggage at the front desk and come back in a few hours as our room should be ready. This was fine with us and found a GREAT Mexican restaurant within walking distance called Amigo’s. We highly suggest you give them a try if in the area.

Upon check in at the hotel, we saw the rate was not as we were quoted online or when we spoke with Chris. We went to our room to settle in and reviewed our card statement online and saw we were billed more than agreed to. We called down to the front desk and the female on duty advised us to reach out to the manager, David via email.

David was very responsive by email in addressing our concerns. He initially stated there was a rate change in the hotel tax after our booking which occurred in May. The type of tax he advised, we could not find anything online indicating a hotel tax increase. We further questioned the additional fees as well as why we were not advised of this rate increase prior to our arrival and why our original rate was not honored. David then advised it was a different type of tax from what he originally advised. He was willing to refund the $4 increase. We advised the increase was more substantial than that. David advised if we do not agree with the math to come see him in person the following day.

The discrepancy did not sit well with us. When we went down the next day to the lobby for the continental breakfast, we decided we would speak to David after we ate. The layout of options for the breakfast were good. You have options from breakfast sandwiches to hot or cold cereal as well as the option to make your own waffle.

When we spoke to David in person at the front desk after breakfast, he kept reiterating the same thing he had said via email. He further went on to explain the hotel rate is not the total rate! For this property, unless you know California lodging fees/taxes in advance, you won’t know until check in that there are additional fees that will be assessed to you. Please bare in mind when we stayed at the Westin in Pasadena, 6 months prior, we did not have any billing issues. What was quoted online was what we were billed at check in and verified at check out.

During the course of our in person interaction, David became frustrated and condescending in tone. He repeated the same thing continuously and could not properly answer our questions. It became very clear that he was upset when he proceeded to raise his voice with customers present and when he came from behind his plastic barrier to tell us he was calling the police and evicting us?! This was a civil issue and he could not evict us as we had already paid. David chose to waste Pasadena Police Dept. resources and called on us over a billing dispute! As not to cause more embarrassment by him yelling at us and disrupting guests, we left the lobby and went back to our room.

David called our room twice wanting to see if he could rectify the issue prior to the police arriving. We agreed to come back down. Before we could get back to the lobby, David called again and advised the police were in the lobby! He really called them!! We went and spoke with the officer and explained the situation. The officer agreed with us this was a civil matter not something for the Pasadena Police Dept.! He proceeded to leave but suggested David take us in the back office to resolve the matter so guests did not have to keep being witness to this. It is beyond embarrassing that David called the police on us because he did not know how to correct a billing dispute. We have never had the police called on us.

When we went into the office, David wanted us to sit in these little chairs while he stood. We both said we felt like we were being reprimanded by the teacher! David advised he was "triggered" by the we emails sent on Friday night as he thought we were calling him a liar. We explained to him that was not the case. We need to be able to trace what he is saying in writing. If he stated hotel tax went up, we should be able to verify that online. David agreed to adjust the disputed difference we were owed for our stay. We kept things civil for the duration of our stay as we were not sure what else David would try to do and what additional personality conflicts would ensue. In true form however, David issued so many debit and credits to our credit card to correct the initial dispute that it took 2 weeks to verify we were charged the correct rate. I chose to wait until now to write this review so we could see our credit card charges accurately. I hope this review saves someone else from having to go through the personality conflicts, embarrassment and drama of what we experienced.

Now that we are back home, I have asked David to supply us with the video footage of the events from the day the police were called. He has advised he can not. I have asked David for the contact information of the owner of the hotel. He provided me with the email address, phone number, and address of the hotel. He has become non-responsive at this point as well. I have had to go through other means to try to help prevent another guest from experiencing what we experienced. If David were truly remorseful for his actions, he would have comped our stay, especially considering the embarrassment he caused by calling the police.

As I stated initially, please do yourself a favor and read the other reviews as well before booking this property. Then due yourself a favor and book at the Westin Pasadena...but please check out Amigo’s and Andy’s Coffee Shop for breakfast or lunch. I'm sure we'll look back on this eventually and laugh but right now, its just embarrassing and unfortunate.

Room tip: Be mindful of the manager & if you have a discrepancy. There are 2 nice restaurants in walking distance. Ask for an interior room.
Date of stay: July 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nakia J
Guest Satisfaction Team, Owner at Pasadena Rose & Crown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2023

Dear Nakia,

It is regretful to read your detailed review of your stay with us today. Although it is difficult to respond to all of the details of your concerns addressed herein, I do agree there was a dispute between us regarding payment of the room tax. We had our differences initially, but I also remember us coming to an amicable closure by the end of our discussion in person, with you being reimbursed in full for what you had wished for. I wanted to give you that closure by personally asking what you wanted, and both you and Desiree had given me a promise of no negative sentiment being shared online after your wish was granted. It is still our failure to have given you a less than stellar experience with us, and with a better understanding of our room rates and taxes, we sincerely hope you can give us another try. Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any other questions or concerns.

David Cho

Reviewed August 1, 2023 via mobile

I switched to this hotel after staying at a different one. Overall it is a very nice hotel. The room is very clean and large. It has a fridge and microwave. The hotel provides free breakfast. It is close to the Huntington Library and gardens (10 minutes drive) and Old Pasadena (about 1 mile walk). I had some issue with TV one day, but next day it was fine. With the price and quality of the room, I would still it a 5- star.

Date of stay: August 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo
Guest Satisfaction Team, Owner at Pasadena Rose & Crown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2023

Dear Frank,

We're thrilled to hear that you had a positive experience during your stay at our hotel. It's great to know that you found the room clean and spacious, and the added amenities like the fridge and microwave were convenient for you. We're also glad our location worked well for your plans, and we appreciate your understanding regarding the TV issue. Thank you for considering us a 5-star experience and for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back whenever you're in the area!