“Decent food and service”

El Torito Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
El Torito Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #301 of 793 Restaurants in Pasadena
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed December 2, 2017 via mobile

I used to eat at one of these in Milpitas, CA and have been trying to find one when I travel to SoCal. Found this one in Pasadena. Food was decent, as was the service. The beans and rice could have been hotter, but had good flavor. Chips and salsa were as I remember.

Date of visit: December 2017

Reviewed July 23, 2017 via mobile

This El Toritos is an older one with a large parking lot. I ordered the Chicken Ceaser and my spouse ordered the Quesadilla Appetizer. The salad was very good, with fresh grilled chicken, the dressing was very good and a very large portion. The restaurant gives chips and salsa which is nice and the chips are freshly made and warm and crispy. The Quesadillas were plentiful and cane with sour cream and guacamole.
We ere there for a paint nite event, the room was small and tight but service and food were very good. This El Toritos is near Bed Bath And Beyond shopping center with a side and front entrance.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed July 10, 2017

I usually do not review restaurant chains but the experience was very good so I thought I would take the time to say something positive. I was impressed with the service and quality of the food that I received at El Torito Restaurant in Pasadena. The staff went out of their way to be pleasant and make sure we were comfortable.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed March 23, 2017

Sat amongst the tightly packed tables within the bar area during a recent Taco Tuesday evening. The table & chair layout made it "challenging" to walk to the buffet area or the restroom. With the full house, service at our table was not as attentive as it should have been. Food quality was good; however, not exceptionally better than other Mexican restaurants throughout the United States. While certainly adequate, I don't see a compelling reason to return with so many choices in the area.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed January 14, 2017

You have to ask their cilantro dressing when they give you chips and salsa. Their house dressing is the best, creamy and lemony kinda taste. I love it so much. It is a long waiting time for service since they have very few waiter and waitress. Karaoke room is a little noisy. Live DJ person to start the show and the rest is customers choose songs to sing. It is a nice place to hang out for happy hour. Typical Mexican food.

Date of visit: July 2016