“Quick Visit to Pasadena”
Review of El Toreo

El Toreo
Ranked #226 of 793 Restaurants in Pasadena
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed January 29, 2018 via mobile

What a great place. Totally authentic and great atmosphere. It seems like it was a local favourite. Lots of great music and amazing tacos. Super fun

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed November 8, 2017

I recently went here with a few friends, two of which were from Mexico. Everybody thought the food was great. The green salsa is super spicy so beware. I unknowingly loaded a bunch onto my chip and regretted it immediately. The salsa is really good, just not for the weak like me. I had the chili relleno. The coating was thin and wasn't soggy. My husband had the enchiladas and the mole was incredible. I would go back just for that. The server was also super friendly and portions were huge. I'd definitely go back if I was in the area.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed August 23, 2017

Obviously tourists and visiting business people are not their target customers. A few locals wondered in but I think most were family members. The food was below average; the hot sauce tasted sour; and the chips were thick and stale. The waitress was nice enough. I would like to say that "at least it was cheap" but it wasn't.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed March 6, 2017 via mobile

This was our first meal on the west coast and it did not disappoint! Amazing, authentic mexican food! The green salsa was bangin!

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed January 4, 2017

I've been passing by this restaurant for years and never bothered to stop in to try it out. Just by looking at this place from the outside and when entering you know this place is stuck in time, just the way I like it. Hopefully they will never remodel and leave this place the way it is now. The waitress was very nice and I placed an order for the 'El Toreo' burrito and an horchata. Within 5 minutes I had my food on the table, no long wait at all. I had to ask for hotter salsas as the ones that were served to me were too bland, the waitress brought out a hotter salsa which started burning my mouth. The food is good and reasonably priced. I want to go back and try their Micheladas during happy hour.

Date of visit: January 2017