1,491 results
All reviews heavenly bed city hall self parking rooftop pool room service within a mile radius complimentary shuttle shuttle service fire pit corner room front desk staff business trip beautiful hotel old town per day starbucks coffee shops and restaurants
Reviewed September 7, 2015

This hotel is well maintained, with friendly staff and a very good restaurant. The rooms were clean and the bedding was very comfortable. Nice and quiet floor even the hotel was full. In the exercise room, it was nice to look out at the San Gabriel mountains from the treadmills. The store was not open as often as we liked. Overall we had a great experience

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed September 6, 2015 via mobile

They'll go out of their way to accommodate special requests. We arrived midday on a Sunday for a wedding later that day and needed to get cleaned up — Susan at the front desk was incredibly helpful and set us up with a room on the top floor, despite it being well before check-in time.

The rooms are clean, recently updated, and well laid out. The pool area is really nice and open late enough for an evening dip before bed.

If you're an SPG member, they're meticulous about providing welcome amenities and upgrades where possible. It's a great value for the area. Highly recommend.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2015

I recently spent two weeks at the Westin Pasadena. I'm a long time SPG member and spend a lot of time in their hotels. I will say that overall it was a great experience. The location couldn't be better - within half a mile I had all sorts of food and entertainment choices. There's a "free" shuttle that will take you anywhere in town, even the Arts Center (I tipped the driver $5 any time I used it, which seemed fair). Decent restaurant, lovely outdoor dining area. My corner room was spotless. Amenities as expected. The staff were much friendlier than expected, in a good way - and after a couple of days, managed to greet me by name. Wireless worked seamlessly. No extra charge for weekend dry cleaning or laundry, a nice perk when you're there on business.
Parking is a real problem, and the charges for same are absurd. There's a stiff parking fee to begin with - and a high fee every time you take your car out and bring it back during that day. You can arrange for a different sort of parking, with unlimited in and out, but it's ridiculously expensive. If I had a major complaint this would be it.
The biggest problem was wake up calls. I was there on business, and of the 14 wake up calls I placed, only one came through correctly. The rest were either at the wrong time (sometimes half an hour early, sometimes 20 minutes late, and once I got three separate calls, all at the wrong times) or didn't happen at all (of course, the morning of my big meeting, and then the morning of my flight home.)
I was sent a survey which said "Any problems, don't hesitate to contact me!" and which gave me the name and email of someone who I assume was a manager, though I'd not met him on my travels. I filled it in and had some kind words, as well as some harsh words about the problems with the wakeup calls.
No response.
I find that extremely irritating. A week has passed, and this person didn't even have the courtesy to take three minutes and hit "Reply", then say "Thanks very much - I'll look into it." That's very annoying.
So. A pleasant stay in a good hotel, but set your mobile or bring your own alarm clock!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are terrific.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank krashtestdummy
Reviewed September 1, 2015

We stayed at the Westin Pasadena for one night on the tail end of our Southern California trip while checking out on my birthday. The staff was extremely attentive and helpful, and even added a special touch to make sure my birthday was memorable. The hotel is located in a very nice neighborhood of Pasadena. Rooms were clean, large, and very comfortable with plenty of amenities. Valet cost 13-15 dollars a night- very reasonable in comparison to other Los Angeles hotels, in my opinion. The outdoor pool on the fourth floor was very nice and scenic, which we would have made use out of if it wasn't cloudy and surprisingly chilly on an August morning. The hotel was located less than ten minutes' drive from the Rose Bowl. If we are ever lucky enough to be in Pasadena again, we will look into staying at the Westin Pasadena again!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2015

This hotel was very comfortable with good sized, clean rooms and very good, helpful and friendly front desk staff. While parking choices were slim, their Valet was extremely efficient and with a simple call to the valet, you car was ready for you when you got to the front. Location of the hotel was nice and walking distance to Old Town if you are able to walk comfortably.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple