All reviews convention center the club lounge old town within walking distance first floor front desk staff free shuttle an older hotel shops and restaurants hotel staff mini fridge self parking rose bowl rose parade los angeles colorado blvd henry
Reviewed June 7, 2018

I was attending an event at Pasadena convention center and that's how I ended up at this hotel. During check-in, I told the front desk that I am SPG gold member and I was advised the only thing am eligible was free wifi, really!!! I was in Dubai the month before and stayed at Sheraton where i was treated like a gold member. i had requested for king bed and ended up with two single bed. upon complaining I was told that the hotel is fully booked.I asked to see the manager and I was given his email address.I emailed him and never got to see him or got any reply. Sheraton really needs to get consistent with their brand offering.I hope the merger with Marriott will help Sheraton to get their act together and learn a thing or two from Marriott.i would rate this hotel a two star.

Room Tip: there are better choices around this hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
SheratonPasadena, Front Office Supervisor at Sheraton Pasadena, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2018

Greetings Guest roz_6610,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Pasadena Hotel and providing your honest feedback on Trip Advisor.

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. We work hard to provide an enjoyable and comfortable stay for our guests and having a positive experience at check in can often times set the tone for the rest of your stay. I am so sorry to hear that you felt that our team was not recognizing your loyalty as a Gold member and that you were placed in the wrong room type. As a teachable moment, we have shared your feedback with our front desk team to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place to prevent this from occurring again in the future.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Pasadena. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you ever find yourself back in Pasadena as I would love another opportunity to provide you with the service you deserve.

Carly McGuire
Front Office Supervisor
The Sheraton Pasadena
carly@sheratonpasadena.com
626-449-4000

Reviewed May 14, 2018 via mobile

This hotel has clearly made improvements. I am in a studio, which is nice although the room appears to be half new and half old furniture. Small but efficient gym — I wish they had normal cups for water instead of conical ones, which can’t be put on treadmill. Bar had a nice menu.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Travelingbear1000
Reviewed May 4, 2018 via mobile

We really enjoyed the wonderfully updated room, and through Hotwire we got the room at a greatly reduced price. We also liked that the hotel was within walking distance to the Paseo Center. We were very happy with our experience here and would stay again.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 3, 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay thoroughly. The staff were great. Shannon checked us in and was efficient and helpful. She even called our room to check to see if everything was ok. I appreciated that! We had a queen double on the 4th floor. The room was clean and the beds were really comfortable. We parked in the garage which was convenient. The location was great for us - we were going to an event at the Civic Auditorium which is next door . Plus there are so many shops and restaurants within walking distance. They are doing work on the hotel and there was the smell of paint in some of the hallways but it didn’t bother us. Highly recommend!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank MA_Vacationer
Reviewed April 24, 2018 via mobile

Annually my husband and I book here to attend our favorite convention. The event suggests to stay at a hotel several miles away, however it’s always worth it for us to stay here, you literally walk past the front desk and are 100 ft from the convention doors. We always stay the duration of the weekend. Make multiple trips to and from the room. The club lounge upgrade is wonderful when you need to replenish including water, fruit and veggies, daily hot appetizers and a nice hot breakfast in the morning, with Starbucks. The newly renovated hotel is classy. Modern colors and streamlined look to the bathrooms. All my girlfriends who visited our room wanted to purchase the back lit mirror! The mini refrigerator and coffee pot are hidden within the tv stand, and the nightstand has several usb charging ports. The room phone is cordless. We love the small studio feel of the two tiered room. Bathroom upstairs and beds lower 5 steps down. The blackout curtains are from ceiling to floor and wall mounted thermostat kept the room comfortable. The newly tiled shower is the only thing I personally disliked, as the floor is tiled also and can be slippery when stepping in after the shower already been used. I would also suggest requesting rooms with patio/balcony facing the pool, not the apartments. We had tenants who were bothered with our conversations being held, during daylight where we were shushed and watched blinds being drawn and windows shut. Aside from being there for a convention, it was also my husbands birthday. Alex Taylor went out of his way to make him feel appreciated with a handwritten card and small box of lindor chocolates. Brady who checked us in and out made us feel like celebrities with the level of attention we had. Every pass by of the front was like we were saying hello to a good neighbor. And of course we can’t forget, Henry who drove our party in the hotel shuttle van, it was like we were on a road trip amongst friends. It’s always a pleasure staying at this Sheraton.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends