“Excellent Value - Enjoyed out stay!”

GreenTree Pasadena Inn
Ranked #13 of 31 Hotels in Pasadena
Longmont, Colorado
“Excellent Value - Enjoyed out stay!”
Reviewed 27 October 2011

A friend & I stayed here while attending a conference at the convention center. The location was perfect. We left the car parked and had an enjoyable walk to the conference each day. The parking was free & easy. Whole Foods is across the street for excellent casual dining. The room was spacious & clean, though rather basic. The staff was extremely helpful. The hotel is located conveniently to downtown Pasadena and freeway access.

Room Tip: We had room 221 - located in the corner, with no room above us. It was very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank ColoradoTraveler058

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
San Diego
Reviewed 5 October 2011

I attended a conference at the Convention Center, and because I waited too long to book a room with the partner hotel, I ended up here. This was an occasion where my procrastination paid off! For less than half of what I would have paid at the other hotel I had a clean room to sleep in and a nice waffle for breakfast. I am sure the decor in the hotel is more luxurious than here, but when the lights are off and my eyes are closed I can't tell.

Keep in mind that this is a 'motel' type of establishment. The doors go directly outside, so there is a little more noise than in a hotel with doors that exit into a hall. My room was on the 2nd floor, and I was able to park 3 spaces away from the stairs. I did hear street noise, but I was exhausted after my day and fell asleep quickly. I am only noting it, because as I type this I can hear cars driving down Arroyo Parkway, but I personally do not find it obtrusive.

I booked my stay through Expedia and when I arrived to check in at 3:45pm the friendly desk clerk informed me that I had been 'upgraded' to a room with two beds, but if that was undesirable, I could change it. I really didn't care, so I took the two beds. It was actually nice to have a second bed to have a place to put my suitcase and miscellaneous things. The clerk was also helpful in pointing out places to eat.

The bathroom is small, but adequate. Toilet? Check. Sink? Check. Shower/tub combo? Check. Small basket of toiletries? Check. Clean? Check. All systems go in the bathroom.

The bed was clean and comfortable, and because it was just me and two beds, I had 4 pillows. Score! Granted the bedspread was 'motel chic' and nothing I would pick out in a million years, but like I said before: when I closed my eyes I couldn't see it.

In the morning it was a short walk to the breakfast room above the lobby. There is a fancy coffee machine that will make you a variety of beverages (including tea)from the rack of little packets. Because it was early and I did not want to think, I opted for the traditional pot of coffee that was already prepared for me. There is sugar/sugar substitute (yellow packets for sure, can't remember if there were pink or blue) and powdered creamer for you to concoct your beverage of choice. There is also a juice machine that will dispense a variety juice (I did not look to see what was offered, I just wanted coffee). There is a variety of cold cereal to choose from, a toaster that you can toast pre-packaged bagels, and white/wheat bread. Fresh fruit is also available. There is an employee there who will make you a fresh belgian waffle and bring it to you on a tray with a packet of whipped butter and syrup! Oh, and if you like hard boiled eggs for breakfast, they have those too.

In conclusion, this is a great deal for the price you pay. Would I stay here again? Yes. It is not a luxurious vacation spot, but for a place to stay close to the convention center that won't blow your budget, this is the place.

Room Tip: Rooms away from Arroyo Parkway may be quieter
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank andbabymakes7
Flemington, New Jersey
Reviewed 29 September 2011

We were perfectly happy. Bed was comfortable. Room was quiet, ample parking, with surveillance cameras. The best continental breakfast of our whole trip.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank jorvik1
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 1 September 2011

Pasdena inn is good value for money. It a clean motel with good amenities. There is non flat screen tv in the room. The bathroom is small but perfectly adequate. The only problem with the room was a noisy air conditioner which I managed to work out how to turn off so I could get a good nights sleep.

I had a good sleep experience with no traffic noise. There is a supermarket across the street so supplies can be easily obtained. There is a 15 minute walk to Old Pasadena and its restaurants. However there is a good restaurant a 2 minute walk away.

I tried taking a dip in the pool but retreated after I saw some things floating in it.

The complimentary breakfast is perfectly good.

There is one elevator but it can be a long walk to your room.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Gliese
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2011

We chanced upon the motel when looking to stay in L.A. It was a lucky find as Pasadena is a great area, it is affluent and it shows...lovely restaurants and shops and good transport links into downtown LA. The motel was staffed by friendly helpful staff, the rooms are a good size and very clean (if a little dark), the bathroom was also well stocked with towels and soaps. The breakfast was good waffles, boiled eggs, toast, cereal and fruit. My only gripe is that there were only disposable cups and plates for the breakfast but that seems to be quite common in the USA. I would stay here again and recomend for visitors to LA.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank HappyHols012
Carefree, Arizona
Reviewed 13 July 2011

Visited my daughter's family over my birthday weekend and received a lovely orchid plant from the hotel management. What a lovely surprise that continues to remind me of the visit.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank bgowan54
San Diego, California
Reviewed 21 June 2011

I stayed at the Pasadena Inn on a Sunday Evening. What an awful experience! I asked for a non-smoking room and was put in a room next to an ashtray that was bolted to the wall. People talking by the ashtray and smoking from 3am to 4am as well as my room being filled by smoke that poured in throught the air conditioning unit. Then a delivery truck made all kinds of noise at 5am. Then it was all topped off by an absolutely terrible breakfast with burnt eggs and warm milk. $100 per night for a place that gives the felling of being in the ghetto! What a joke! I wish there was a zero star rating.

Room Tip: very dirty and staff does not speak english
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank bobbymalick

Travellers are raving about these Pasadena hotels