New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Travelodge Pasadena Central

Travelodge Pasadena Central
Ranked #21 of 31 Hotels in Pasadena
Pasadena, California
“Horrible place. Avoid this!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2011

The room we reserved a week in advance was NOT available, so we were "upgraded" to a room with used amenities (shampoo) & hairs in the jacuzzi. The main table had been nailed together with a piece of wood that was falling off. The walls were so thin we heard the folks above us all night long, even just walking in the room. When we told the desk clerk, she said, "Oh, sorry." but didn't seem at all surprised. The pool is shared with one of the seediest motels in town. This should be a 1-star motel. Will NEVER stay again & will not recommend to anyone. Can't figure how they got a AAA rating at all.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank chj54

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Carlsbad, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2010

Repulsed by this motel. Roaches, faulty air conditioner, filthy jacuzzi and pool, the elevator smelled of urine, broken washer and dryer, broken furniture in room...need I go on? Do yourself a favor and go across the street to the Ramada Inn!!!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2010

Nice room, fickle a/c, free limited continental breakfast.

easy check in, clean room, warm showers, clean linens.

motel is a little old, but overall a good deal.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
Jakarta, Indonesia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2010

Well, if you are on a budget and want to stay around Pasadena area, I guess this one is OK. I hope they clean up the stench of urine smell near the elevator area and inside the elevator too.

Would I stay here again, probably not. Again, I can't complain much further since I know what to expect from living at Pasadena area for $62/night that I paid. Southern California is pretty expensive. So, I guess, you just have to be realistic.

Plus side of this hotel:
1. Free internet wireless
2. Free Continental breakfast
3. Friendly front desk

That's all, and from there it is just downhill.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Murrieta, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2010

I actually checked in and checked out - to the loss of $300.00 - begged the local Holiday Inn to take us in. This hotel is the type you'd rent by the hour - if you get the idea. We asked for non-smoking, got smoking - smelled so bad my nostrils actually burned. Not to mention no screens on the windows (bottom floor), nasty, trashy atmosphere. Thought about sub-leasing it for the weekend (since I had paid for it) and see if I could rent it out by the hour and re-coup my loss. Absolutely, by far, the most disgusting hotel I've ever been in, and I'm FAR from being a prima donna. I'd happily do so, and feel much safer, sleeping in barn.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank tammy036
Solana Beach, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2010

I stayed at this hotel twice a week for the past 4 months. Great location in central part of Pasadena with a pool and hot tub. My toddlers loves the pool when I am at work. I like to stay here for the convenience to work and closeness to local transportation and restaurants. "The staff is friendly, the beds and towels clean. The price is great compared to other surrounding hotels around the area. Close to Cal-Tech and Pasadena community college.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
New Glarus, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2010

We loved our stay here. I couldn't disagree more with the reviewer who said to avoid this place. My girl friend is a housekeeper and she was impressed not only with the fresh paint and cleanliness but with how thoroughly they cleaned each of the 8 days we stayed. The mattress seemed new (she always checks). Our room w/ a king bed was roomy (it's not a suite, after all) and having the large desk was quite helpful as we had maps and brochures to sort through for activities. The refrigerator worked great. Water pressure in the shower was not so great but passable. The staff was always friendly and helped me register my user reward card. Although all the entrances are outside, they had an elevator to help us get our stuff to the 2nd floor. Being on CO Blvd, it is convenient to everything in the area and easy to get on a freeway to go anywhere in the LA area -- we went downtown, the La Brea tar pits and Universal Studios. My only complaint is the tiny breakfast area although the choice of foods was good. Many people took their bkfst back to their rooms. This will keep me from giving it 5 stars but 4.5 certainly.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple