“Always a great experience”

Ichima Japanese Cuisine
Ranked #362 of 726 Restaurants in Pasadena
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed 17 October 2016

I thoroughly enjoy coming to Ichima. I think the way that that have everyone helping during your experience is what makes this top notch. Their sushi is great and the service is the best. Also love that they give you a miso soup with your dinner!

Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

Our son came over last minute and wanted Japanese food..Ichima is the closest to us without going into Little Tokyo. Upon arriving we had to wait approximately 10 minutes. Once seated our drinks were served. Miso soup is an option. My son likes rolls, he had a rainbow, crunch, and tuna roll. All came at different times, they were mediocre. My husband ordered the beef and chicken teriyaki dinner, huge portion, he didn't like the salad dressing, it was too strong in taste. I ordered the ramen. It came out super spicy. I did not realize it would be spicy, but that's how they make it. Sent it back for mild spicy,but it was still too spicy for me. My son and husband tried it and they love spicy and they didn't like it. Service is a bit slow and prices do not match the food...but overall, it's okay.

Reviewed 27 June 2016 via mobile

I love This place and The food . Not expensive , fresh , of Course The taste is good !!! The bestttt .. Im So recommend This place if you Want tO eat sushi , for Dinner with family , Friends or Couple !! I love green tea ice cream from ichima :D

Reviewed 22 June 2016

We arrived at the restaurant ahead of the lunch crowd and even though many customers were coming in the service was great. The fish was fresh and the specialty rolls were all good except the salmon skin roll.

Because it was from a lunch menu special, we were able to feed 8 people for about $160! Good food for a good price!

Reviewed 24 May 2016

We usually dine here for birthday celebrations but our last visit, it was quite disappointing as the quality of the food has gone downhill. We were disappointed in the cold beef that's usually warm when it arrives to your table (can't remember name of dish) and the meal was not memorable as previous visits. I did enjoy the crab hand rolls so maybe stick with those? It was not busy so maybe the attention to details was on break? Its no longer our go to place.