“Disappointed”

Ranked #361 of 726 Restaurants in Pasadena
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed 4 February 2017

Ichima was highly recommended to me, so I was disappointed when I ate there with my nephew for the first time for a birthday lunch. Atmosphere is okay but a little dark. Fortunately we were seated at a window which helped. The staff were all friendly and welcoming. Miso soup tasted good but barely warm. Ordered Spicy Shrimp Roll and Spicy Tuna Roll. Also Mexican Roll, Unagi Avocado, Tiger Roll, Spider Roll and Dynamite Roll. Best roll by far was the Spicy Tuna Roll. I am sad to say that everything else tasted like mayonnaise. I was not impressed with any of the other rolls we ate and really did not enjoy the lunch. Total bill of $67 for two was I thought reasonable for two people, but was far too much for the little taste that we experienced. Maybe we visited on an off day (Wednesday at Noon), but I don't think I will visit again.

Reviewed 2 November 2016

This is the place, Excellent Sushi, Sashimi, and Service, what more can you ask for.
Ichima is my favorite restaurant in Pasadena, with it's fresh and delicious seafood you can't go wrong. Slide up to the Sushi counter and enjoy life, it doesn't get much better.

Reviewed 17 October 2016

I thoroughly enjoy coming to Ichima. I think the way that that have everyone helping during your experience is what makes this top notch. Their sushi is great and the service is the best. Also love that they give you a miso soup with your dinner!

Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

Our son came over last minute and wanted Japanese food..Ichima is the closest to us without going into Little Tokyo. Upon arriving we had to wait approximately 10 minutes. Once seated our drinks were served. Miso soup is an option. My son likes rolls, he had a rainbow, crunch, and tuna roll. All came at different times, they were mediocre. My husband ordered the beef and chicken teriyaki dinner, huge portion, he didn't like the salad dressing, it was too strong in taste. I ordered the ramen. It came out super spicy. I did not realize it would be spicy, but that's how they make it. Sent it back for mild spicy,but it was still too spicy for me. My son and husband tried it and they love spicy and they didn't like it. Service is a bit slow and prices do not match the food...but overall, it's okay.

Reviewed 27 June 2016 via mobile

I love This place and The food . Not expensive , fresh , of Course The taste is good !!! The bestttt .. Im So recommend This place if you Want tO eat sushi , for Dinner with family , Friends or Couple !! I love green tea ice cream from ichima :D