Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pasadena Colorado Blvd.
Ranked #13 of 31 Hotels in Pasadena
San Francisco, California
“A good option”
Reviewed 4 December 2011

Conveniently located, quiet, and appropriately priced. This hotel has a good hot breakfast. Rooms are back from the street and elevators are in a hallway away from the rooms. Spacious and well decorated rooms. On Colorado blvd without the noise congestion on the rest of this major street. Shopping in Old Town Pasadena and the restaurants close by make this a good option when staying in around Los Angeles. We needed to get to USC on both of our trips and this was a great location.

Room Tip: Good rooms both of our stays. 201 is by the stairwell at the end furtherest from the elevators. Ne...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Ephraim, Wisconsin
Reviewed 17 November 2011

Room was very clean. Breakfast was amazing, even had a pancake maker! Nice size bathroom. Price was reasonable for our stay. Would stay their again

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Pasadena, California
Reviewed 11 November 2011

We had 3 separate rooms and stayed for 14nights, check in was quick with a polite greeting, the location was perfect, the hotel was VERY clean, always smelt fresh, Serviced daily to great standards, The suites were roomy with 2 TV's, sink, microwave, Fridge, coffee machine and sitting area. The staff were very friendly, polite and helpful. The bed was so confertable i felt like i was at home. The only downside was that the bathroom didn't have a window and all the fumes were passed to the sitting area but this was a small problem and in summary we will be returning here at the end of our trip for another 4 nights and we highly recommend it to anyone. For the price you pay you cant go wrong

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Garine K
Sherrill, New York
Reviewed 15 October 2011

Stayed here for 3 days in September and could not have been better. Visited from the east coast and saw a few Dodger games and USC football. Staff and facilities were excellent, including a good breakfast and a nice break with pool and hot tub. Room was clean and well furnished and location was convenient for all of the touristy things we did around LA. Left an item in my room and when I contacted them weeks later, they not only had it, but sent it to me free of charge. Have friends out there and the HI Express Pasadena will be my west coast home away home on all future visits.

Room Tip: Fit our needs perfectly and staff was fabulous
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
new zealand
Reviewed 5 October 2011

Stayed two nights in a very nice room on the third floor. Room was large with a seperate sitting area room had two large flat screen tvs. Also had a sink, microwave,coffee maker and disposable plates and cutlery.and a very large king bed. This is a hotel that you could have an extended stay and have some home comforts. The breakfast was a run of the mill express breakfast ok but they are not the healthist around.Free covered parking which is a bonus the hotel is on colorado blvd turn left and head straight to old town pasadena with all the shops and restaurants you could desire Recommend this hotel to all

Singapore
Reviewed 22 September 2011

I stayed at this hotel for a night in September. At check-in, I was greeted with a very welcoming and polite lady. She thanked me for being a priority club member and recognized that with a welcome pack (water and some snacks). I liked that. All paperwork took less than 5 mins and I was all set. I was also granted a late check-out til 2pm the next day.

Rooms were spacious, although visibly aged and old. Comfortable bed and pillows. A small kitchenette area. (I booked a suite). 2 TVs...one at sofa area and one in-front of the bed. Sofa area TV was box type...TV in front of bed was a flat screen. Bathroom considered average sized. Clean...with a Jacuzzi Tub. Water pressure from shower head considered weak which was a drawback. Temperature control was okay and consistent. Standard holiday inn bathroom amenities: Body Lotion, Shampoo, Soap, Body Wash, Shower Cap. I requested toothbrushes from the frontdesk and the brought it up for me. No bedroom slippers.

Air-con in room was noisy. Those were the huge air-cons mounted next to the window. Anyways I am a heavy sleeper so I am not really bothered by that.
This hotel features free daily hot breakfast, free parking and wi-fi.

Breakfast was great: Range of coffee, Juices, corn flakes, cinnamon rolls, pancakes, bagels, bread, muffins, scrambled eggs, bacon, milk....

This holiday inn does not have a self-service guest laundry. You'd need to drive about 1 mile down the street ...they have a pasadena laundry that opens til 10pm.

Check-out was swift with express checkout. The bill will be delivered to your door in the morning and all you need to do is leave the keys in your room and you are good to go.

Pool is small and nothing to rave about.

All in all, this hotel lived up to its name as part of the Holiday Inn group and I am a happy customer

2 Thank g0lf_vacati0ns
Boston, MA
Reviewed 16 September 2011

We've stayed at several Holiday Inn Express hotels over the course of the past couple of years. This location lived up to the convenience, cleanliness, and hospitality offered at our past stays. It is located close to the freeway and on the main street, so you can easily access Old Pasadena and Paseo Colorado--both spots offer shopping and dining. We were warmly greeted at the front desk and quickly checked-in even though we were early. We were given a map of the local area and directed to the elevators.
Our room was on the third floor, facing Colorado Blvd. The room was spacious, with a living room area, complete with flat screen and desk. Clean and bright bathroom. The bed was comfortable with the usual pillow options. Another flat screen faced the bed. I loved that when you closed the drapes, the room was dark! I rarely have the opportunity to travel without my children and this helped me enjoy my "sleep-in" mornings. Since we didn't have kids with us, my husband and I took the opportunity to eat breakfast at two local restaurants, so I cannot comment on the breakfast provided by the Holiday Inn Express. FYI-We dined at Marston's on Walnut and Russell's on Fair Oaks. Both were yummy!
One thing of note, at one point my room key was not working when I tried to go into the gym. I went to the front desk and the associate happily re-coded my key. I expected to be handed my key and be on my way. The associate suggested coming with me to make sure my key worked. There's nothing worse than getting back to your destination and your key still doesn't work! I thought this was a wonderful act of hospitality. BTW-The gym is two treadmills and a seated bicycle. I'm a treadmill user, so that was fine for me, plus I has sole control of the TV.
Housekeeping was thorough and all the associates I came in contact with were helpful and friendly. I'd stay here again if the opportunity presented itself.