The Oaks Hotel & Suites(Paso Robles)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$131
AscendHotels
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$145/night.

La Bellasera Hotel and Suites(Paso Robles)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$259
La Quinta Inn & Suites Paso Robles(Paso Robles)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$129
Paso Robles Inn(Paso Robles)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$149
Best Western Plus Black Oak(Paso Robles)(Great Value!)
US$129
BestWestern.com
Hampton Inn & Suites - Paso Robles(Paso Robles)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$134
Hampton.com
Holiday Inn Express & Suites(Paso Robles)(Great Value!)
US$126
Adelaide Inn(Paso Robles)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$117
The Inn at Croad Vineyards(Paso Robles)(Great Value!)
US$295
Hotel Cheval(Paso Robles)
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$395
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 7, 2014

This was our second visit to DRGS. Both times we have traveled as three couples and had the whole place for the weekend. We really enjoy the well stocked refrigerator for breakfast and snacks. Christine, the manager, was happy to resupply bottled waters. Suggest that you take some bug spray for sitting out on the porch in the evenings as there are some "no see ums". We weren't bothered by noise from the other suite, but it is an old cottage so don't go there expecting a soundproof room. We look forward to returning again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Dunning Ranch is wonderful! My husband and I enjoyed a relaxing stay. We felt like we were guests in someone's charming home. The cottage is full of all the amenities you may need for your stay. We loved the beautiful evenings on the back porch and walking the property. The guest house is quiet and secluded, yet just a short drive to downtown Templeton, Paso Robles and wineries. I highly recommend staying here if you are looking for a unique and comfortable getaway. Looking forward to another vacation here!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank H D
Reviewed September 22, 2013

My wife and I truly enjoyed our stay at the DRGS. The cottage is located off the beaten path in the heart of wine country. There is a great porch that sits above oak tree groves and vineyards. Relaxing there we were visited by a flock of wild turkeys and Charley the winery cat. If you're looking for a place of refuge after a long day of vacationing this is the place!

Room Tip: The downstairs room is a bit bigger and would easily sleep four.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Well standards must be dropping in the good old US of A. Coming from New Zealand, we spent 2 nights at this establishment during a 3000 mile road trip through the Southwestern USA. I have travelled extensively throughout the world and for over a $1000 for 2 nights we don't expect to have surprise charges on our credit card when we get home.

Firstly people go on about this home from home accommodation. I'm sorry but if I want home from home, I stay at home. When I pay this sort of money I don't expect to stay in a dilapidated ramshackle cottage in an upstairs room where I can hear every single noise coming from downstairs. In my opinion, like every wine growing region in the world, prices in Paso Robles are seriously inflated.

We left the place clean and tidy as requested, but we made the fatal error of using the barbeque. Afterwards we put a few logs onto the fire to enjoy a few drinks. On arrival home we find we have been charged a hundred bucks for a few logs (guess what, they were pre split and ready to use) and supposed destruction of a $25 bbq (price at Home Depot).

Now in my business, if I have an issue with a customer, I give them a ring and discuss the matter. We phoned her to discuss the matter but all we got were lame duck excuses and a recalcitrant attitude. If we damaged the bbq, it was unintentional and I would be more than happy to replace it. But I don't like legalised theft which is what this amounts to.

In general my summary would be very average accommodation, unclear instructions about what was available for use and what not, and appalling customer service when there was an issue. Sometimes in the service industry you have to roll with the punches a bit. Wanton destruction is another matter entirely, but for the sake of a $25 barbeque it might have been better to let it go.

Be warned - be prepared to get ripped off.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
8  Thank Mark C
Reviewed November 13, 2012

As veterans we can not say enough how much we appreciate you giving us a complimentary stay at your ranch suites. It was absolutely beautiful, and we enjoyed our selves greatly. The room was imaculate and tastefully appointed. We loved the jacuzzi tub and the large private deck with views of the winery and many deer that grazed on the property. We highly recommend Dunning Ranch Suites. We still can not belive your generosity and that you did this for us. Again, we thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

Room Tip: Suite 1, where we stayed has a large private deck with relaxing views of the winery and the many oak trees with spanish moss. I understand Suite 2 has a fireplace and I am not sure of the other amenities.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family