“Food was good”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 6 July 2012

My husband and I went there and found the food to be good. We did not try the guacamole. The service was o.k. Nothing exceptional. They were not busy on a week night. They did seem to be visiting among each other a great deal. Although it did not effect our service as there were only a few in the resturant at the time. They were accurate in our order. Seemed friendly. I did not experience any of the below mentioned things. I would eat there again. They offer cupons in the local paper buy one and get one free, including beverages. It was a good deal. As I said the food was good.

Reviewed 5 April 2012

My entire family stopped at this place while we were vacationing in CA on the way back to SF. We all love Mexican food. The food was ok except for, we asked for guacamole, and what we got was like green goo... didn't even taste like there was avocado in it. nasty! My 24yr old daughter took two bites of her food and didn't like it so she sent it back not ordering anything else... At the end, they wouldn't remove my daughters food because apparently there was nothing wrong with it and they wouldn't do anything about the fact that we were not happy. left , pd the bill , left no tip... We got back to KS was balancing my bank acct and they added a tip to the bill... when I specifically put a big line thru the tip line. Never again will I go there, and not just because I don't live in CA but if I would be going thru Paso Robles again, never again will I eat there... service was not that great either....!!!!!

1  Thank pamh512
Reviewed 15 January 2012

i would rather go to a taco bell than have rude servers., sloppy and rude service. The food is uhhhh. kinda boring

Reviewed 7 January 2012

The worst place I have ever been served food, and that's saying a lot as I have literally had my family's order forgot twice at the same meal at another restaurant.

First, the waitress asked if we would like drinks. I said I would have water for now, then she walked away, not bothering to ask the other three members of my family if they would like something.

Next the chips. A staler bunch of corn triangles I have never been served at a restaurant.

Then the meal. When serving a child, my thoughts would be to ask if they want jalapenos in their quesadilla. She asked if my other child wanted the guacamole on the side. Plus the order was wrong. We ordered a child's quesadilla with rice and beans. We got only the quesadilla. Plus one was to come with a salad, no salad. My husband's pork tamales were questionable on whether or not they were really pork.

My shrimp fajitas..........well the shrimp was bad! I ate one and a half shrimp before my stomach started objecting. I let the waitress know that I thought something was wrong with the shrimp. She stated that two others had ate shrimp that day and that it was fine. Maybe they had a different batch, I don't know, but my stomach wasn't okay with these shrimp. No offer was made to get me something else, not that I could have eaten it.

The kicker, they charged us for the meal that I sent back missing only one and a half shrimp.

Reviewed 17 September 2011

The evening I had dinner here I ordered a chicken Fajita. The fajita was certainly not "sizzling" when delivered, but just warm. The chicken was dry and tough and had to have been cooked quite some time before my order. There were several pieces that I couldn't eat because they were so dry. There was rice and re-fried beans included. The re-fried beans could have been from a can with a bit of some sort of cheese on top of it. This was truly the worst fajita I have ever had. If I wasn't so tired and hungry I would have sent it back. When I was seated (there were only two other tables with customers) there was an empty beer bottle left on the table. There are other Mexican restaurants in town and from my experience would suggest that you go elsewhere. Taco Bell would have been an upgrade.. Very disappointing.

1  Thank GTB-SFO