“Nice ambiance for Mexican lunch”
Review of Borderline Grill - CLOSED

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 24 June 2013 via mobile

Driving from Napa to Ojai I was hoping for a nice place for a good salad. Paso Robles seems to only have Mexican spots, so I was disappointed by my choices here. I picked Borderline for the tasteful exterior that promised good taste inside

The busboy was friendlier and more helpful than the waiter who barely spoke English. There were two salads with no de scription of ingredients. Even though the waiter checked with the kitchen for me,I got the idea I would not be happy with a salad.

I ordered the chili rellono and enchilada with rice and beans. Typical Mexican, nothing special. The small garnish of lettuce and tomato on the
side were dry and poor quality. Good move not ordering a salad! And I just drove through theS alinasValley our vegetable growing heartland.

The flan was not interesting, but they did brew,a fresh decaf that was good.

It is under new ownership...so give them a chance to get it better

Reviewed 23 May 2013

This restaurant had closed, and replaced with a grill restaurant. Nuevo Mexico in Atascadero was better. The food here was not delicious, servers were not dressed properly, and unfriendly. It is like, they did not want to be there.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

There were 8 of us who stopped in for lunch. Great prices, good food. Everyone loved their lunch special. One of us has a dairy allergy - after telling the waitress that we needed "no cheese, creama, etc" she came back and had checked with the owner - there was dairy in the guacamole. She was so nice to double check that and went above and beyond helping our friend not get sick. Very conscientous staff, good fresh food, great prices. Definitely worth a return visit if ever in that area again.

Reviewed 8 December 2012

We started going there a lot after they first opened but haven't been back. I'm not fond of their taco shells and the meat falls all over the place. We do like their salsa, though.

Thank K. B
Reviewed 6 July 2012

My husband and I went there and found the food to be good. We did not try the guacamole. The service was o.k. Nothing exceptional. They were not busy on a week night. They did seem to be visiting among each other a great deal. Although it did not effect our service as there were only a few in the resturant at the time. They were accurate in our order. Seemed friendly. I did not experience any of the below mentioned things. I would eat there again. They offer cupons in the local paper buy one and get one free, including beverages. It was a good deal. As I said the food was good.